Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 155TSI

Tigger73's 155TSI

Thanks MGV I'm glad to have set everything right in the world of Tiguan ownership with my new purchase!

Raising the meter box would require a bit of work and probably getting a sparky out too so I'd rather put that money towards a set of springs Tigger73's 155TSI

I had the same dilemma when looking to change the 125TSI Tig. What the dealers were offering me for a trade-in was pretty poor, particularly when 95% of the car is the same. Sure there was fewer km on the clock but a $30k changeover didn't really get me motivated to sign on the dotted line.

Certainly looking forward to getting both sets of new wheels as I'm currently driving the wife's Mazda 3 as a daily and kids are walking to/from school... which is really a good thing given how much time the spend sitting in front of screens these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 31-01-2015 at 02:59 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Congratulations on the new aquisition I have an autoscan of the said car and I don't think avdo installed a RVC are you game to install another one? I noticed you want to install mirror puddle lights and can confirm the UDS door controllers fitted in this Tig will support these lights. You could also possibly source/canabalise a LHD wing mirror, actuator, wiring and door module off ebay Germany for about $200 and have an OEM mirror to dip on reverse. I have done it for another local Tiguan owner here in Mackay.

A link for mirror puddle lights
    Aliexpress.com : Buy OEM VW Sharan Tiguan rear view mirror turn signal lights according to ambient light 5N0 949 101/102 from Reliable light bulb shaped lamp suppliers on Volkswagen auto parts shop | Alibaba Group
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 31-01-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    MY 21 T Cross 85TSI Life| Makena Turquoise | Driver Assist Package |
    Mods: VCDS tweaks |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    Congratulations on the new aquisition I have an autoscan of the said car and I don't think avdo installed a RVC are you game to install another one? I noticed you want to install mirror puddle lights and can confirm the UDS door controllers fitted in this Tig will support these lights. You could also possibly source/canabalise a LHD wing mirror, actuator, wiring and door module off ebay Germany for about $200 and have an OEM mirror to dip on reverse. I have done it for another local Tiguan owner here in Mackay.

Aliexpress.com : Buy OEM VW Sharan Tiguan rear view mirror turn signal lights according to ambient light 5N0 949 101/102 from Reliable light bulb shaped lamp suppliers on Volkswagen auto parts shop | Alibaba Group
    I can 100% confirm that the car has RVC.

Thanks Bambazonke certainly food for thought. If I've got the mirror already apart to put in the puddle lights it might be worth putting the OEM mirror dipping parts in... though for a similar price I can probably pick up a second hand autopolar.

Quote Originally Posted by avdo_ View Post
    I can 100% confirm that the car has RVC.
    Yes and he has the scars on his knuckles to prove it
    Last edited by tigger73; 31-01-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Yip I am a sucker for punishment I "volunteered" to help another owner as he bought an RCD510 off me on condition i helped him install a RVC the reward a couple of cartons of beer!

I found this on eBay which I know is not quite what you want but it's not bad for the price
    Original VW Tiguan Lenkrad DSG 1T0419091AD Tiptronic Leder MFL Touran Caddy | eBay

Users Country Flag
    I found this on eBay which I know is not quite what you want but it's not bad for the price
    Original VW Tiguan Lenkrad DSG 1T0419091AD Tiptronic Leder MFL Touran Caddy | eBay
    Somebody else has probably read this post and bought it for their Tig will keep an eye out for a flat bottomed "GTI" wheel

It was a good price for a steering wheel with paddles. The only problem with going to a flat bottom wheel is that you have to change the airbag also which adds $200-$300 to the swap. Though means you can sell the old wheel /airbag as a set.

Given that this new Tig is going to be my wife's daily I'm only going to spend extra $ on it if she is going to benefit. I don't think she touched the paddle shifters ever in the old car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Given that this new Tig is going to be my wife's daily I'm only going to spend extra $ on it if she is going to benefit. I don't think she touched the paddle shifters ever in the old car.
    So a LED interior light conversion and chrome buttons then

It's a fantastic looking car.
    MY17 Arteon | 206TSI R-Line | Manganese Grey Metallic | Front window tint 35% | Stage 1: ECU Racing Line tune, DSG APR tune, R600 intake bundle |

MY12 GOLF Mk6 103TDI Comfortline | Shark Blue | RD Technik Stage 1 Tune | DSG Tune | RNS510 | Highline RVC | Window tint 35% | GTI steering wheel |
    See build: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-99394.html

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Girl View Post
    So a LED interior light conversion and chrome buttons then

It's a fantastic looking car.
    Yes more "bling" mods than anything else. The car comes with chrome buttons as standard so probably just some door warning lights and LED interior light upgrade for starters.

If she wants anything major she will have to save up and pay for it herself (instead of buying more handbags and watches ).

If you want, I have a std wheel with paddles and a spare airbag. It's yours for 200 plus freight (god knows what the cost of shipping with an airbag is, or how do it).
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast