Support VWWC

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 155TSI

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Just bought another Tiguan for the wife. Though it won't arrive in our driveway for a couple of months.

Only minor (cosmetic) mods planned at this stage....
    Congratulations Damien.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Not that I'm trying to talk you into getting it tuned .... but .... APR's tunes are now completely removeable (as in a claimed 100% undetectable) before a service or warranty work

And my wife loved to drive the Stg 2 Tiguan (and now the Amarok) and my kids keep telling me how heavy her foot is ....
    She hasn't driven the 155 yet but I suspect she may say that it doesn't go as well as the stage 2 Tig... though she'll definitely be happier without the exhaust

The idea is to use the Tig for the school runs as I get a fuel card with my work car so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to drive it other than the odd occasion. So to chip it for the 800m drive to school seems a little bit of an overkill.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the new Tiguan Damien. I must admit that i was looking at this exact car a week or two ago (when i saw the previous owner advertise it) and i was contemplating it - low km's, well spec'd and it was well priced.

No offense to Gen 1 Tig owners, but the Gen 2 Tig's look much more muscular and pumped out - just what that car needed in my opinion. Looks great.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Congrats on the new Tiguan Damien. I must admit that i was looking at this exact car a week or two ago (when i saw the previous owner advertise it) and i was contemplating it - low km's, well spec'd and it was well priced.
    Thanks Lucas. To be totally honest I wasn't looking to buy another car just yet. As you say it is a well spec'd car at a very good price which got me thinking.... talked to the wife and then when we took a look at the car (only a couple of suburbs away) the rest is history. It's a very clean, low mileage car and has spent most of the last 2 years sitting in a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    No offense to Gen 1 Tig owners, but the Gen 2 Tig's look much more muscular and pumped out - just what that car needed in my opinion. Looks great.
    Actually Lucas the reason this car looks pumped is that it's running 19x9 ET33 rims with guard extensions... so not quite stock.

Here's a stock car without the extensions and standard 155TSI wheels:

Tigger73's 155TSI-$_20-jpg Tigger73's 155TSI-$_20-jpg

And a 155TSI R-line looks better with the guard extensions but the wheels are still only 18x8 and not as aggressive offset/fitment:

Tigger73's 155TSI-4946180-jpg Tigger73's 155TSI-4946185-jpg

But given this is a second car I couldn't justify buying a brand new R-line.

We still have a little bit of time to wait as the current owner has their new car arriving in April. Just more time to plan mods
    Last edited by tigger73; 30-01-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Playing around with lowering....

Tigger73's 155TSI-tig-lowered-jpg Tigger73's 155TSI-tig-lowered2-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Playing around with lowering....

Tigger73's 155TSI-tig-lowered-jpg Tigger73's 155TSI-tig-lowered2-jpg
    Nice car Tigger!! I didn't see that coming hehe.. Well now I think you could have swap some parts with old Tig like steering wheel,lights and exhaust. May be this time go big with turbo!! Well it will be ideal because car only will have low kms and only wife will be driving the car for short distance and the weekends you can have fun with it.

Extended warranty?? forget about that! you are going to ruin it anyways
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Nice car Tigger!! I didn't see that coming hehe.. Well now I think you could have swap some parts with old Tig like steering wheel,lights and exhaust. May be this time go big with turbo!! Well it will be ideal because car only will have low kms and only wife will be driving the car for short distance and the weekends you can have fun with it.

Extended warranty?? forget about that! you are going to ruin it anyways
    Hi Ramee. I was wondering when you'd chip in with your suggestions

I was thinking if this car had only come up a couple of months earlier... but then again I do a lot of km with work and my wife is actually the one that wants to drive the SUV as a daily so it makes more sense that it is her car.

At the moment the mods I have planned are more cheaper/cosmetic and include things like:

• Door warning lights
    • Mirror puddle lights
    • Scuff plates for door and boot sills (can't remember if it already has them fitted)
    • LED interior lights (again can't remember if these have been done)
    • Eibach lowering springs
    • LED tail lights
    • Autopolar for mirror dipping function

I wouldn't normally have worried about the lowering springs but our carport has the meter box on the side of the house and the last Tig had its side mirror taken out a couple of times. So lowering the car allows clearance and the mirror will go underneath (and not clip the top).

LED tails and mirror puddle lights are cool and I never got to do them to the last car. Once I installed the VW laser lights I didn't want to put the puddle lights in as the laser lights need it pretty dark to work well. So this time I'll leave the ricer mods out and put the puddle lights in instead.

As far as any performance enhancements go I think I'll leave that one to the wife. If she complains about not having as much zip then I may reconsider, however I've got a number of other (unfinished) projects around the house that I could spend $10-20k on before turning the new Tig into a circuit/track car.

The only other things that I'd consider are a DSG tune for improved shifting and revert to 1st (which is really a safety feature) and a flappy paddle flat bottom steering wheel. Again these are not something that I plan to do straight away - more really if I get complaints.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah.. not a bad idea. May be you could mod it in different ways like things what you are doing for cosmetic enhancement. Try to make it most beautiful Tig in the world.
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

It's already a pretty nice car so a few touches to personalise it and I think the wife will be happy. After all happy wife... happy life.

I was sad to see the previous one go, but am now happy again!

Says a lot for the marque/model when you sell & buy another one!

Congratulations! And although i'm all for the Eibach springs, raising the meter box 50mm is an option!

Got me thinking of an upgrade, but i just can't fault the current one... And though i have 95000 on the odo, the motor has only done 35000!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast