Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: rentaspace's 2013 103TDI progress thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbu View Post
    Unlikely the car will be cruising at a lower RPM due to mods.

RPM while crusing is based on gearing/transmission.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I thought this too but for whatever reason the car is now using 0.5L/100km less consistently lol Not that I am complaining.

Users Country Flag
    Where are you thinking of taking the Tig to get the tune done?

I'm considering getting my TDI Tig tuned when i have the cash.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Frachter View Post
    Where are you thinking of taking the Tig to get the tune done?

I'm considering getting my TDI Tig tuned when i have the cash.
    What tune are you thinking of getting done?(i am leaning toward abt because of 2 year warranty)

There are lots out there and apart from the advertising from each company not a real lot of information from actual users good or bad
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    What tune are you thinking of getting done?(i am leaning toward abt because of 2 year warranty)

There are lots out there and apart from the advertising from each company not a real lot of information from actual users good or bad
    Haven't really got any preference for a particular tuning mob just yet but was looking at Recode Tuning before i put my plans on hold due to lack of funds...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rentaspace View Post
    I did order and install a Shevron dashmat in the Tiguan which fits nicely...
    Hi,

It looks like Shevron are the only company currently who make a dashmat for my T6 Multivan, can you advise after a month if you have any strange smell coming from the dashmat, how it fits now after bedding in (is that depression in the middle the same shape and depth as the dash) and what other feedback you have on this item please?

Users Country Flag
    i have the same dash mat ,no smells been in the car for over 2 years

No smells from dashmat, the middle has a little rise but I have done nothing to try and flatten it out lol.

As for the Tune, I will either be getting 8Bar to Tune it or just using a plug in flash (Although I am getting conflicting info from different companies about whether the ECU needs unlocking before a flash tune works. The Tune through 8bar would be cheaper though.

So, while driving down the M5, we got rear-ended by a non-insured international student.
    Long story short, he wanted to say the accident happened on a Monday and not Friday so his insurance would cover it, but I told him no and proceeded with my own insurance.
    Unfortunately, due to mine and my Fiance's age we have no choice but to use Bingle as our insurer, which means we had to foot our Excess upfront, to make it worse, rego was due on the following Monday so $3600 weekend >.<
    This was also 2 weeks agter my Caldina was driven into at Crossroads. The Tig went into the repairer on a Friday and we got it back Monday. There are a few little imperfections but as a family-daily runabout we are not too worried about that.
    Dashcam video:

Before:

After:

Ended up with a new Inner and Outer bumper, repaired and repainted tailgate, new reverse light, new rear badges (all) and a new rear sensor and bracket.

Users Country Flag
    Hope you got the contact details of the rear ender Your insurance should chase them for your out of pocket expenses ?

Yeah they stopped up the road and exchanged details. Already got our excess refunded back now (Although I had to call them a quote the PDS that states the excess comes back once the other driver is identified, not when they initiate collection which is what the phone people were telling me).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast