Support VWWC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rentaspace's 2013 103TDI progress thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

On Sunday 7th May Erin was feeling unwell and we went to the delivery suite to get her checked out. Her blood pressure had spiked to 170/110 and our obstetrician decided to pull the pin. So at 9:09am and 9:11am my two sons Ashton and Jayden were born!
    They were born at 33+5 weeks. Ashton at 1.9kg (4.1lb) and Jayden at 1.6kg (3.5lb)

After a rocky start with one being transferred to another hospital with a suspected bowel blockage (There was nothing found and he was transferred back) and Erin's blood pressure not dropping (It actually spiked at 190/120 at one point) everything is going well now. Both are still in the Special Care Nursery which they will be in for at least another week.

Ontop of this, my parents found a nice townhouse for us to move to (We currently live in a one bedroom apartment with two cats and now twins too lol). So this will allow us to have a room for the twins and a room for us and the best bit is that it has a double car garage with a door to the backyard where another car could be stored. At the moment it is about 95% certain that we are moving to the place and we are just waiting for council reports to come in to make sure the renovations the seller did are legal. Building inspection and Insect report came back fine

In relation to the above problem, I re-checked every single fuse and once had blown, so I think when I first put the LED in it tripped the circuit but didn't blow the fuse and then the second time I tried it, the fuse went.

Users Country Flag
    Congratulations on the Twins Many sleepless night ahead

Thanks haha, the sleepless nights have already begun :L First week was around 7 hours sleep total for the entire week...

hmmmm, so I am considering putting a tow bar onto the tig.
    Will probably put a Hayman Reese if I do go ahead, but so expensive compared to the Jap cars I am used to lol...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rentaspace View Post
    hmmmm, so I am considering putting a tow bar onto the tig.
    Will probably put a Hayman Reese if I do go ahead, but so expensive compared to the Jap cars I am used to lol...
    I'm considering fitting a towbar as well.. I've dug around a little and found the heavy duty kits on towbarsaustralia.com.au which have a 50mm square receiver like a Hayman Reece which looks interesting. Be interested to know what you've found - price / avail etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pistoncranky View Post
    I'm considering fitting a towbar as well.. I've dug around a little and found the heavy duty kits on towbarsaustralia.com.au which have a 50mm square receiver like a Hayman Reece which looks interesting. Be interested to know what you've found - price / avail etc.
    Through ARB a Hayman Reece installed is $1163.00inc ECU.
    $888 if you want to install yourself.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rentaspace View Post
    Through ARB a Hayman Reece installed is $1163.00inc ECU.
    $888 if you want to install yourself.
    Thanks,

seems similar price to this outfit (ARB are a bit more) - they're also suppling a HR towbar

VW Tiguan Tow Bar Sydney

these guys also did a pretty good walk-through of the items, installation and vehicle specifics.

Tow Bar Install VW Tiguan

Cheers.

So, haven't done much in terms of the Tiguan. We moved last week to the townhouse and have basically spent most of the time unpacking and moving/assembling the furniture.
    Still have heaps to do as we only get about an hour and a half each day to do anything and that is if the twins have settled and are sleeping.

I did order and install a Shevron dashmat in the Tiguan which fits nicely:

And now that we have a two car garage, the Tiguan gets it's own spot undercover and protected

So the Tiguan was serviced for its 80k service last week by a friend that works at VW. No major issues in the car, the only problem was faulty contacts in the sun visors causing lights to flicker when moving the visor (doesn't matter and even he said the $240 price to replace a single visor is not worth it).
    There are no oil leaks of any sort and the motor/gearbox is in very good condition.
    That reassures me a bit that I will probably be going ahead with a stage 1 tune when I have the money.

When I got home from servicing there was a package at the door, and it was the 'cold' air intake I had ordered:

Yes, I know Pod's don't filter as well as panel filters and the such but it is not important to me. We are only planning to have the car for a few years until we have another child, in which we will be forced to upgrade to a larger car again.
    Anyway, here it is fitted to the car:

Now I know these don't really increase power, but what I have noticed since the install is the turbo now spools slightly quicker and when cruising sits a few hundred RPM lower than before. This has translated to a 0.5L/100km fuel saving on my mixed highway/traffic drive to work. I have no done around 500kms and the consumption has remained around this lower average (except when I decided to plant it a few times to listen to the induction noise lol).

Lastly, car still looks stock from the outside:

Unlikely the car will be cruising at a lower RPM due to mods.

RPM while crusing is based on gearing/transmission.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    MY07 Red GTI 3 Door

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast