Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rear view camera for tiguan - install completed

Just finished installation.
    Had to cut video plug off to get the cable through boot rubber tube. Earthed at the demister on the rear window. All works great.
    Thanks again for your write up.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    Hi Suffolk your assumptions are correct, I took my main power supply off the rear cigarette lighter socket in the boot. The wire was white with black stripe I think. The other wire at the socket is brown for earth.
    The two wires you need to be careful with is the reverse wires which are located on the RHS of the boot behind the side storage flap. There are 3 wires one brown and two blue with black stripes. One wire supplies power to the reverse lights and the one to tap into for the RVC. The other supplies a signal back to the CANbus re the status of the lights.

Be prepared to have sore fingers prying off the panels and be very patient in taking them off and back on and follow CADman's advice with respect to the order of removing them and putting them back as I found out to my expense as I took a couple of days doing mine and forgot the order of removal
    Hi
    You say" The two wires you need to be careful with is the reverse wires which are located on the RHS of the boot behind the side storage flap.
    There are 3 wires one brown and two blue with black stripes. One wire supplies power to the reverse lights and the one to tap into for the RVC. The other supplies a signal back to the CANbus re the status of the lights.3 wires in the RHS panel".
    But you don't say what color wire goes were !.

cheers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567