Support VWWC

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear view camera for tiguan - install completed

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
    Good write up Aussietig to support CADman's original write up. I worked from the boot lid to the front of the car and did however manage to thread the 2 power cables intact through the one black rubber tubing and the camera cable through the other using patience,Vaseline and good old coat hanger wire. I laced the camera connector with vaseline and pushed pulled it through and hooked the power wires onto a hook I fashioned out of a wire coat hanger I learn't from wiring up central locking on my old E30 in my youth

P S how are the fingers feeling after ripping off the panels?
    I actually electric taped the two power cables and the camera cable altogether, as one gigantic python and pulled it through just the one black rubber tubing.

Definitely was cursing CADman for recommending 4mm gauge at that point, pulling this python through with no lubricant.

That probably cut my hands the most, pulling the fencing wire that I used to attach on the end of it.

Hands still recovering! Still a little sore and swollen.

I should point out that the biggest PITA is when the clips come off the trim and either fall inside boot lid or on the ground and need to be retrieved. Or the clips don't come off with the trims and stay in their place on the metal panels and you need to pull them out one by one with some pliers. So suggest not installing at night time or under poor light.

Now would I do it again?

Hell NO!!! I'll pay the b@$t@rd$ whatever they ask for (next time) to have it factory fitted!
    Last edited by aussietig; 10-08-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    I am feeling the same way about my fog light installation getting cold feet about buying the kit from Germany as they don't appear to supply any details of where to connect the wire loom to the main loom somewhere under the main fuse box in the engine compartment. did you get my PM re photos?

Iamthestig it's character building! The local agent has a bit more respect for me after seeing the fruits of my work.

Users Country Flag
    Hi aussietig.
    Great write up.
    How do you remove the black trim bar wih handle and lights.
    I've undone the 2 obvious bolts and removed both lights but can't work out what else is holding it in?

Ive not removed any other trim yet. Is that the clue?
    Tiguan MY12 118TSI, white, no frills..... Had ANS810 ... Note the HAD ..... Now got RCD510 supplemented by 7" Android TomTom mounted on a HoldMyPhone .... Upgraded speakers Vibe BlackAir front splits and MBQuartz 12" ported sub driven from Infinity Reference 5350a amp .... oh and added fun

Users Country Flag
    Yes ... need to first remove the large back panel trim of boot lid and undo the two nuts holding the handle in place.

Then the black trim bar is just held on by two screws (which you need to unscrew) and clips.

Pry with say credit card (if you don't want to scratch the paintwork) and pull off trim.

Hopefully the removal of the black trim bar will also remove the handle from the two holes on the boot lid.
    Last edited by aussietig; 10-08-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks everyon for all the photos and notes.
    RVC installed and working with ANS810.

Note to self..... Buy a car with RVC already fitted!
    Tiguan MY12 118TSI, white, no frills..... Had ANS810 ... Note the HAD ..... Now got RCD510 supplemented by 7" Android TomTom mounted on a HoldMyPhone .... Upgraded speakers Vibe BlackAir front splits and MBQuartz 12" ported sub driven from Infinity Reference 5350a amp .... oh and added fun

Users Country Flag
    lol, but you can say, hey that's my reverse cam and I've installed it myself!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    lol, but you can say, hey that's my reverse cam and I've installed it myself!
    Yep good idea BB!

Just updated my signature and given myself a medal/trophy!
    Last edited by aussietig; 10-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussietig View Post
    Yep good idea BB!

Just updated my signature and given myself a medal/trophy!
    Hi Aussietig, I I'm having a problem with rvc.
    Just to clarify, camera came with one black cable with blue plug that connects to the back of rns510. Then I have three other cables, yellow brown and red.
    Please tell me if this is correct?
    Red to live cigarette Jack?
    Brown to earth?
    Yellow to blue black plug in reverse plug?
    Which blue black wire?
    Labelled 1 or 2? Plug is numbered.

I tried plugging camera and now the black screen doesn't come up anymore.
    Did coding again still don't come up?

Thank you in advance.
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI /APR Stage 2

Users Country Flag
    Hi Suffolk

I can't remmember which black/blue wire it is, as I used a multimeter to detect 12.5 v when reverse gear is selected, the other blue black wire i suspect carries a signal back to the CAN Bus as there was no voltage recorded from it when reverse gear was activated. If you were getting a black screen (blue screen on RCD510) beforehand then it sounds like you have a bad connection with the black camera cable itself, as the black screen only kicks in once a positive signal is received from the reverse light circuit. Suggest you double check the connections into the back of the RNS510 as Kamold has come accross this issue before when assisting other dubbers when doing coding for RVC installations.( i am assuming you had the radio on at the time to check).

All your other connection assumptions are correct. The blue plug should connect to the RVC and in my case I had a big rectangular black plug that fitted into the back of the RCD510.
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 14-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Users Country Flag

If you're not even getting black screen, then definitely problem with connection with red & brown wire that supply the power.

If just black screen, then problem with the yellow (on cable supplied) to blue/black reverse trigger wire of Tig.

Or as suggested, loose connector in the back of the unit.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast