Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RDC330+ in my Tiggy

Users Country Flag

RCD330+ in my Tiggy

Finally got my RCD330+ and installed it myself in my 2013 Tiguan. I'm really happy with it (see photos). A few minor things though. I didn't realise it came with the camera enable by default. I'm away of the VCDS and related software. What's the best way to get do this? I'm not looking to shell out a huge amount of money for a tool I might use once or twice.

I've got a weird issue with no audio specifically on Facetime Audio calls only. Other calls are fine. I'm unsure if it's an iOS bug or the radio, as quite honestly iOS 11 is a bug pos.

Kris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDC330+ in my Tiggy-img_0890-jpg   RDC330+ in my Tiggy-img_0889-jpg  

RDC330+ in my Tiggy-img_0892-jpg   RDC330+ in my Tiggy-img_0894-jpg  

RDC330+ in my Tiggy-img_0896-jpg  
    Last edited by krisk; 02-03-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Nice work Kris! I've been planning to put one in the Mrs Tiguan for a while now. I have one in my Golf and love it. I've not ever tried a facetime audio call over CarPlay but sometimes the Spotify will get hung up. Seems to be more to do with the connection to the phone and the phone itself than the head unit.

I did have a question about park pilot on the RCD330 but your photo just answered that so thanks.

As for the rear camera thing, unless you find someone with a VCDS cable your cheapest option would probably be buying a reversing camera and installing it yourself, they're dirt cheap (<$50) on Aliexpress. There's a VCDS/Rosstech thread on this forum where you can find local members who have the cable and expertise. Some local mechanics that service VW cars also have VCDS cables.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks, glad it was of use. If you do get a chance to test it, I would be interested to know how it goes. I think I now have a solution for the VCDS, I'll see how I go next week. I didn't really want to put in a camera as you can only have the camera or the sensor display, not both simultaneously, or so I've been told by the manufacturer.

Just out of interest, where did you get your RCD330+ from?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Just out of interest, where did you get your RCD330+ from?
    It's from AliExpress. Took about 2.5 weeks to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by krisk View Post
    It's from AliExpress. Took about 2.5 weeks to get here.
    RDC330+ in my Tiggy-26b562ff-b9f2-4146-9133-114f3c26d4a9-jpg
    This is the VCDS location for turning off reverse camera activation for the stereo unit as advised by my seller. I haven’t tried this yet but will be doing so on my head unit.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys.

Have a 2012 Tiguan, about to buy the RCD330G Aidu Auto or JNDSNY. Just want to clarify. Currently I have no reverse camera. So does from what I understand, does that mean by default, will try to open the camera when put in reverse. But due to having no camera will eventually change to park assist. To skip the camera delay, I need to connect to VCDS?

Many thanks

Users Country Flag
    Depends on what you buy and from where.
    I just bought one (March 31st) from via AliExpress and with no reversing camera (reversing sensors, 2011 Trendline povo pack), everything works as it does normally.
    Very pleased with the unit, a doddle to install and it included the cable adapters for the aerial and rear camera...if I had one.

Here's a link to the unit I bought. It's the Aidu Auto.

RCD330 Plus CarPlay Radio MIB UNIT For VW Golf 5/6 Jetta MK5 MK6 CC Tiguan Passat B6 B7 Polo 6RD 035 187 B 6RD035187B Mirrorlink-in Car Radios from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Hope this helps anyone interested.
    Last edited by jackafrica; 12-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

How are you guys finding these units to live with - what's the fit and finish quality and finish like on the facia? and how does the OS run? is it laggy at all?
    Interested in fitting one into the mrs tig (MY2015 TDI w/rear camera and sensors) - do you know if it would just be a plug and play affair?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast