Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RDC330+ in my Tiggy

Users Country Flag

Jackafrica, does that support a reverse camera if you decide to install one at a later date?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Frachter View Post
    How are you guys finding these units to live with - what's the fit and finish quality and finish like on the facia? and how does the OS run? is it laggy at all?
    Interested in fitting one into the mrs tig (MY2015 TDI w/rear camera and sensors) - do you know if it would just be a plug and play affair?
    Despite what anyone says, they are most definitely not bug free. That said, for the price, the bugs are very minor and certain way better than the original unit in my car. I installed a different firmware in mine to get Android Auto as well, and it also solved my issue with Facetime audio not working. I had to downgrade to 5515 then 5413.

Did this too a bit back. Better but no steering wheel volume control with 8 button wheel
    Keen to turn off the reverse camera too. Cheers for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by krisk View Post
    Finally got my RCD330+ and installed it myself in my 2013 Tiguan. I'm really happy with it (see photos). A few minor things though. I didn't realise it came with the camera enable by default. I'm away of the VCDS and related software. What's the best way to get do this? I'm not looking to shell out a huge amount of money for a tool I might use once or twice.

I've got a weird issue with no audio specifically on Facetime Audio calls only. Other calls are fine. I'm unsure if it's an iOS bug or the radio, as quite honestly iOS 11 is a bug pos.

Kris
    Hi Kris - what firmware does you unit have and can you download & share?

Cheers
    Pete

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wudy View Post
    Jackafrica, does that support a reverse camera if you decide to install one at a later date?
    According to the seller, yes. For $200 it's a heck of a deal. The controls on the wheel work too. 2011 model.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

sorry to hijack the thread, does this RCD330+ work with the original VW reverse camera kit like this or this. I am planning to replace the original VW RCD320 in my Tig but really confused about matching the head unit and camera.
    Thanks.
    Preowned Tiguan 125TSI 4Motion 7sp MY11 | RCD330G | Interior LEDs | OSRAM NightBreaker | Dashcam TaoTronics 2K

Users Country Flag

Hi guys.
    Sorry to somewhat hijack a thread but its all about putting a 330+ in a tiggy
    I'm currently looking at a second hand tiguan 2010 - 2013. I'm interested in eventually installing the RCD330+ to get the benefits of android auto etc. I'm just wondering how much is involved if i also decide to upgrade from a mk5 steering wheel to a mk6 to get all the buttons to work? I've read that some additional modules need to be upgraded but being a newbie i dont completely understand what the go is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12