Support VWWC

Thread: Purneyy's Tiguan Upgrades

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb Purneyy's Tiguan Upgrades

Hey All,

Just posted in the newb section but thought I better do a post in the correct car category. Picking up my 2010 103tdi tonight and there are a few upgrades I want to make. While searching I found some real poor examples with the extras i wanted and decided to settle on a exceptionally well kept tig without the options i wanted with the plan I would be able to retrofit them. List of things i want to change below,

- Leather interior with electric drivers seat
    - Rcd510 HU
    - Wider 18" wheels with 255/45/18 tyres

First on the list is by far the one I need the most information on. I am very confident that all the seats will be a straight swap, my only concern is getting the electrics in the seat to work correctly. My hope that VW has used the same loom under the seat regardless of interior choice, if that is the case I should be able to get away with a plug and play situation. Hoping someone on here might have some advice? or have done it before?

My only other quest for information is if someone can confirm what sizes a Tiguan will fit under the guards. I had a look through some very old threads but most are concerned about the dia of the rim and little is on the rim width and offset. Hoping someone else has put similar wheels on their car, as I am looking at a 9" wide rim i would like to know what offset i would need to ensure i don't hit the suspension on full lock. Any advice or past experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Users Country Flag
    Where are you sourcing the leather seats from and do you know what they're asking for them?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I have sourced some in Melbourne for $550. But if you look on gumtree there are a few wrecks with leather seats, i have just messaged them and asked for a price. The real killer is getting it freighted to Perth.

Dunno if this will help.
    But i just won a set of 255/40 r19 +42 offset 8inch rim. Apparently they were fitted on 2010 tiguan. And i plan on fitting them to my wifes 2008 tiguan when i pick them up

Will let you know how i go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah that would help heaps. Same size tyre width I guess the only difference would be the look on the wheel, clearance should still be the same.

Just fitted the new wheels. No rubbing or hitting anything on full lock either sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk