Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Engine Warning Light

Users Country Flag

Angry Orange Engine Warning Light

If you ever have an engine waring light come on in your dash DON'T ever ever take it to Austral Motors in Brisbane.

3 goes at finding why it is there and a total of 9 days they have had our Tigaun, good for about a week then back it comes.

But wait there is more, they suggested that it would more convenent for me to take it to another dealer as they could not look at it again until the middle of August.

Dam right it is inconvenent, that they can't find or fix it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 58bernie View Post
    If you ever have an engine waring light come on in your dash DON'T ever ever take it to Austral Motors in Brisbane.

3 goes at finding why it is there and a total of 9 days they have had our Tigaun, good for about a week then back it comes.

But wait there is more, they suggested that it would more convenent for me to take it to another dealer as they could not look at it again until the middle of August.

Dam right it is inconvenent, that they can't find or fix it.
    This seems to be the way Austral work imho.
    Never using them due to my experiences.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just an update , The warning light is back on and staying on, so I rang the roadside assit and got it pickup last night.
    The one good thing is that it is going to Highway VW at Springwood and the other good news is they have had the same problem with the Tiguan so maybe it will be OK.
    They where amused that I had persisted with Nostral VW (cus their work and serivce stink), let us see what happens from here.

Users Country Flag
    Highway are pretty good, they value their customers and my experiences with them have been great.

I will still be going to Alba European to get my car serviced though.

Just another update on the warning light saga.
    It's still there Highway have been excellent in the service dept and had to redo any of the work done at Austral Motors.
    It's booked in again on Tuesday for another go, there has been probes and wiring changes but it comes on only after a turning on the engine for the return from highway run.

This makes day "10" !!!!!!!!

NOT a good feeling VW
    Last edited by 58bernie; 14-11-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58bernie View Post
    Just another update on the warning light saga.
    NOT a good feeling VW
    Hi Bernie

NOT good at all!

My TDI does same. I got a real fright the first time it happened, but was only around the corner from the VW dealer so I popped in and had it on the diagnostic machine in a flash.

It showed a temperature issue between turbo & "cat" , at some particle filter thingy. Machine instructed mechie to keep revs @ 2 600 rpm for 90 secs!

Low & behold, light disappeared ... the place should be called "RevRite Motors" ! (This was 4 weeks ago)

It did same on three consequetive occasions and the same protocol was followed. RevRite! (Tm Canam)

FFW to last Wednesday. Light came on again, me phoned workshop and was told to "drive it untill the light remains on" and then bring it in for the day, as they need at least 4 hrs to do faultfinding...!

Light remained on for the remainder of last week, weekend included. On startup light is on , remains on untill switched off. No drop in performance or any other tell-tale stuff...

This morning I made the booking to have it checked out tomorrow.

Leaving the office this afternoon, guess what? NO frigging light!!!!

It's going there tomorrow , light on or NOT on!

Please keep me posted re progress your end?

Check out this thread
    Engine error code - hope it's not DPF failure
    seems there is a batch of faulty G504 Pressure/temperature? sensors about
    Last edited by Transporter; 17-11-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Insert link to the thread.
    Ted Hagstrom

2009 VW Caddy, Whte, TDi, DSG
    2009 Tiguan, silverleaf, 103Tdi ,auto, Comfort pack, leather, fogs, Rns510 with RVC

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Hi Bernie

NOT good at all!

My TDI does same. I got a real fright the first time it happened, but was only around the corner from the VW dealer so I popped in and had it on the diagnostic machine in a flash.

It showed a temperature issue between turbo & "cat" , at some particle filter thingy. Machine instructed mechie to keep revs @ 2 600 rpm for 90 secs!

Low & behold, light disappeared ... the place should be called "RevRite Motors" ! (This was 4 weeks ago)

It did same on three consequetive occasions and the same protocol was followed. RevRite! (Tm Canam)

FFW to last Wednesday. Light came on again, me phoned workshop and was told to "drive it untill the light remains on" and then bring it in for the day, as they need at least 4 hrs to do faultfinding...!

Light remained on for the remainder of last week, weekend included. On startup light is on , remains on untill switched off. No drop in performance or any other tell-tale stuff...

This morning I made the booking to have it checked out tomorrow.

Leaving the office this afternoon, guess what? NO frigging light!!!!

It's going there tomorrow , light on or NOT on!

Please keep me posted re progress your end?
    I had the same thing happen the second or third time it came on and disappeared the day before it was booked in. I was told that turning the key on and off can clear fault codes sometimes, even during normal starting/stopping.
    Good luck with yours as well.

Users Country Flag
    The same pressure sensor has just died in my 08 TDI, at least I got 70k out of it.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Well my wife picked it up and they replaced a sensor and she asked about phoning in when it happens again, but was told it won't happen again they fixed it.
    Let's hope they are right and haven't been on any training courses with the sales staff in the show room.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast