Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Tiguan Clutch Replacement

Users Country Flag

OEM Tiguan Clutch Replacement

Have seen a few contradictory threads on this on vwwatercooled and vwvortex so i thought i'd pose the question here, again. Can anyone confirm that the Audi TTRS Clutch can be used as a replacement in a 132TSI 6Speed Manual Tiguan without ANY modification? I have a Stage 1 Tiggy and I think it'd be appropriate to change the clutch to something more heavy duty if possible since I need to replace the clutch anyway.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Anyone know?

Users Country Flag
    I'm assuming whatever fits a MK6 Golf GTI, will also fit this.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    I'm assuming whatever fits a MK6 Golf GTI, will also fit this.
    No actually, its a completely different gearbox. Same one as in the Audi TTRS!

Clutch generally has more to do with the flywheel/engine fitted than the gearbox itself. Chances of a TTRS one fitting are slim to none?
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Users Country Flag
    The TTRS clutch is sold by HS Tuning in USA and fits the Mk6 R, Mk5 GTI and Mk6 GTI - although it does not mention the Tiguan. Might be best to shoot them an email or give them a call to ask.

HS Tuning RSR 2.0T Clutch Kit - HSTRSR1

For a stock or even a stage 1/stage 2 Tiguan i would suggest the heavy duty version of the OEM Sachs clutch would do just fine. https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/...-4motion-132kw
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 18-04-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

approx cost of one of these OEM Sachs clutches in oz ?? what should we expect to pay? or should it be ordered from this site in the UK?

2019 Golf R | 2018 Tiguan 162TSI | 2007 Golf GTI | 2007 Eos 147TSI
    1976 VW Beetle - BE
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS[RIP] | 2011 Tiguan 125TSI [RIP] | 2001 Golf GTI [Sold]
    2000 Beetle 2.0 [Sold] | + Various Beetles

Have just fitted Racechip pro 2 to Tiguan 132 TSI 6 speed manual. Very good power increase...........too good because the power completely overcomes the clutch at about 3000rpm in the higher gears.
    I'm thinking that perhaps I'd better unplug it or serious damage will occur, or fit a stronger clutch. I'll be glad to hear of a suitable solution because i really like the extra grunt. That SACHS clutch looks ok, but I wonder how many hours for fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by REGS12 View Post
    Have just fitted Racechip pro 2 to Tiguan 132 TSI 6 speed manual. Very good power increase...........too good because the power completely overcomes the clutch at about 3000rpm in the higher gears.
    I'm thinking that perhaps I'd better unplug it or serious damage will occur, or fit a stronger clutch. I'll be glad to hear of a suitable solution because i really like the extra grunt. That SACHS clutch looks ok, but I wonder how many hours for fitting.
    Update. Solution from Racechip was to dial chip down a notch. Clutch is coping now.

Had Sachs performance clutch and actuator fitted......Full power, not even thinking about slipping.
    Pedal is quite a bit heavier and uptake crisper as I expected. No noises and I'm happy with overall result.
    Tiggy is now a real wolf in sheep's clothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast