Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MY17/MQB Platform Tiguan Discussion Thread

^ thats fine with me. perfect timing. i was bouncing off the walls all day after reading it. always wanted a golf r but the size and price was always an issue. now i get to own an "r" anyway

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenz View Post
    ^ thats fine with me. perfect timing. i was bouncing off the walls all day after reading it. always wanted a golf r but the size and price was always an issue. now i get to own an "r" anyway
    R and R Line is completely different ! It is like Audi S vs S line (performance is in two different levels). Now if a Tig going to come out with new Gen3 TSI engine, preferably MK7 R Turbo engine I will be soo0 into it.
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Shhhhh ramee!!! That's why I used " " don't ruin my fun. A fake r is better than no r. Now if it had a power increase. Now that would be crazy town.
    But near enough is close enough and saves me 10-15k.
    And I would never get past the guilting from the parentals for spending that much on a car! (Particularly my first car I'm buying!)

Users Country Flag
    Shhhhh ramee!!! That's why I used " " don't ruin my fun. A fake r is better than no r. Now if it had a power increase. Now that would be crazy town.
    But near enough is close enough and saves me 10-15k.
    And I would never get past the guilting from the parentals for spending that much on a car! (Particularly my first car I'm buying!)

haha! I didn't want to kill your enthusiasm! Of course R-Line looks very good and sounds much better than saying " I got a 155TSI "

But.. there is always a but .. Will R Line top of the range Tig actually much cheaper than a Golf R? and will its fuel economy and driveability comparable to a real R in stock form .. hmm
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    R and R Line is completely different ! It is like Audi S vs S line (performance is in two different levels). Now if a Tig going to come out with new Gen3 TSI engine, preferably MK7 R Turbo engine I will be soo0 into it.
    Yes though I'd take an R-line Tig over a two-tone with grey plastics any day of the week.

I don't think you'll see the Gen3 TSI until the Gen3 Tig comes out in a couple of years... so until that time the 155TSI R-line is king of the Tigs (apart from the stage 3 one in Brissy of course).

haha! I didn't want to kill your enthusiasm! Of course R-Line looks very good and sounds much better than saying " I got a 155TSI "

But.. there is always a but .. Will R Line top of the range Tig actually much cheaper than a Golf R? and will its fuel economy and driveability comparable to a real R in stock form .. hmm
    Ramee I think you'll find pricing of the MY15 Tigs will be pretty sharp. VW are getting outsold by Mazda CX-5 10:1 so they have to do something pretty major to bring people back to VW showrooms. When the Tig first came out in 2009 it was the No. 1 small/medium SUV, however now it's a 5 year old car with a mid-life update and struggling to match the competition who have all brought out new models since then (Mazda CX-5, Subaru XV, Nissan Qashie, Merc GLA, Jeep Cherokee, Hyundai ix35, etc).

A lot of the newer cars are coming out with more options as standard so VW has to do a fair bit to bring it back into line with what is available on the market. Expect to see a fair bit more as standard equipment on the MY15.

In all seriousness if you want to have Golf R performance out of a SUV you have to go to a Macan or RS3 for a stock car off the showroom floor. I don't think that VW will bring out an R version of the Tiguan (much as we'd like it). I think the market would just be way too small... and if VW ever did make it, VWA would almost certainly not bring it to Australia

Anyway beggars can't be choosers and it's better late than never that we get the R-line. If they load the cars up with equipment as standard and put the body kit on them I'm sure they will sell.

I'm in 2 minds whether to go an R-line MY15 or hang out to Gen3 with the new engines (not sure I can wait that long). We'll just have to wait and see

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post

I don't think you'll see the Gen3 TSI until the Gen3 Tig comes out in a couple of years... so until that time the 155TSI R-line is king of the Tigs (apart from the stage 3 one in Brissy of course).

)
    You are forgetting (or may be ignoring ) there is another 270 kW R Tig Prince living in Melbourne much closer to that throne than a 155 TSI R Line ever hope to be... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post

Ramee I think you'll find pricing of the MY15 Tigs will be pretty sharp. VW are getting outsold by Mazda CX-5 10:1 so they have to do something pretty major to bring people back to VW showrooms. When the Tig first came out in 2009 it was the No. 1 small/medium SUV, however now it's a 5 year old car with a mid-life update and struggling to match the competition who have all brought out new models since then (Mazda CX-5, Subaru XV, Nissan Qashie, Merc GLA, Jeep Cherokee, Hyundai ix35, etc).

)
    VW will not normally compete with Mazda or Hyundai or Nissan in price vise, it will outperform them in build quality, driveability , performance , technology etc but try to stay in middle ground between Euro Lux vs rest. If you want Mix of best performance, Looks, reliability , advance tech for a reasonable value there is pretty much no match for a Tig still, otherwise you would not have hard time finding a replacement for your two tone cheap plastic Tiguan!

The reason I proposed to get a Golf R instead of Tig was that if the person is a performance mind individual like me he will find new Golf R will deliver more driving enjoyment and performance than current model Tigs even with some level of modifications. So if getting a R Line Tig and thinking it will be similer to a true R is not going to be a good assumption even with modifications. And when consider pricing for R Line with mods vs R, I doubt there is much difference. Of course we will have to wait and see how pricing will turn up
    Last edited by Ramee; 30-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.

She

I know it won't drive like an r line golf. It's just cosmetic. But there's about 20K between the two.
    I prefer the golf because it's lower to put bikes on the roof but for $5 I can buy a step from bunnings.

(Yup. Gonna ruin it's sexiness with roof racks and destroy it's fuel economy)

I wouldn't mind getting a tune done but only if that means I don't have to physically change any parts and it's just electronic.

I'm too girly to get under the car (or in the bonnet). The most I do is change my on head light globes and I'm pretty happy with that!

I'd have attempted the flappy paddles. Or paid someone. But it comes with flappy paddles!

But I will buy one of those vcd doover cables to get dippy mirrors and stuff

You are forgetting (or may be ignoring ) there is another 270 kW R Tig Prince living in Melbourne much closer to that throne than a 155 TSI R Line ever hope to be... Haha
    No I haven't forgotten. I'm just waiting to read next months Hot Tuner mag to find out who is king....

VW will not normally compete with Mazda or Hyundai or Nissan in price vise, it will outperform them in build quality, driveability , performance , technology etc but try to stay in middle ground between Euro Lux vs rest. If you want Mix of best performance, Looks, reliability , advance tech for a reasonable value there is pretty much no match for a Tig still, otherwise you would not have hard time finding a replacement for your two tone cheap plastic Tiguan!

The reason I proposed to get a Golf R instead of Tig was that if the person is a performance mind individual like me he will find new Golf R will deliver more driving enjoyment and performance than current model Tigs even with some level of modifications. So if getting a R Line Tig and thinking it will be similer to a true R is not going to be a good assumption even with modifications. And when consider pricing for R Line with mods vs R, I doubt there is much difference. Of course we will have to wait and see how pricing will turn up
    Yes I know VW is never going to compete directly on price but it has to compete on value. Right now it is more expensive and has less standard features than a lot of its competitors as well as running on an older platform with slightly less fuel efficient engines. So if it's just about doing the school run and being used as an oversized shopping trolley there's quite a few other cars out there that are ticking more boxes at the moment than the Tig.

I agree though there isn't any other package out there that gives you the same level of bang for your buck - especially if you're up for putting a tune on the car. A 206kW R Tig would be an interesting concept but I can't see this one getting built - I think we're much more likely to see a Golf R wagon (though whether this gets brought to Aus is an entirely different question).

I think that people like shmenz who are looking to buy a Tig now will be able to get a fully loaded car for what most of us paid for a base model... plus they can option it up with an R-line kit which I think will make it one of the most desirable small/medium SUVs on the market once again. In terms of performance/packaging/looks/price I think it's going to be hard to come up with a better overall package.

I did start to think of the cx5 lately (it was originally my number 1 but I discounted it as it didn't come in manual. But alas it turns out. Jack all comes in manual these days! I hate autos but the dsg is as close as I'll be able to get to manual in what I want )

The only problem with the cx5s is they are everywhere. And they're ugly at the front. Looks like a fishes mouth.
    There's jack all tigs where I am.

I did start to think of the cx5 lately (it was originally my number 1 but I discounted it as it didn't come in manual. But alas it turns out. Jack all comes in manual these days! I hate autos but the dsg is as close as I'll be able to get to manual in what I want )

The only problem with the cx5s is they are everywhere. And they're ugly at the front. Looks like a fishes mouth.
    There's jack all tigs where I am.
    Yes if you get a R-line you'll definitely be in a more exclusive club.

Plus the CX-5 doesn't have the pick-up that the Tiguan has. It's a little lacking in the overtaking stakes so if performance is an important criteria, you're better off with the Tig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast