Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lower control arms

lower control arms

2009 tdi 4motion tiguan been told need lower control arm bushes ,,,,,, vw say the whole arms need to be replaced no bushes available....is this right does anybody know has anybody else have lower arm trouble

Hi mate, at my last service i was told that mine will need replacing at or before the next service. My tig is lowered a bit, has 90000 on the odo & i've done about 5000 roughish gravel km's as well. Not to mention the extraordinary number of speed humps i have to cross every time i drive...

Not sure about the 'no bushes available', but i'll have to find out soon i suppose...
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

VW Tiguan 4x4 09 ON Superpro Front Control ARM Inner Rear Bush KIT SPF3271K | eBay

VW Passat CC Tiguan Front Lower Control ARM Arms Bushing Left Right 3C0407151G | eBay

Torque Solution VW Tiguan 5NC FWD Front Lower Control ARM Bushing 2008 08 | eBay

Forget the stealer service department!!!

Also, you will need to find out from the stealer service department whether it's the front LCA bush or the rear LCA bush? Get part #'s from the stealer service department also.

Users Country Flag
    It's less labour-intensive to do the whole arm.

Old one out, new one in. Done.

If it's the front bushes, do the whole arm: 5N0407151 for left, and 5N0407152 for right.

Ebay or Google search those, and see how you go for prices.

However, if it's just the rear bush that's gone, look up a pair of these: 3C0199231D
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

ok will do just whole arms are 330 a piece so not sure how many hrs labour would be equal

Users Country Flag
    If the genuine parts are $330 each then buy these:

Superpro VW Golf Supaloy Alloy Lower Control Arms Anti Lift KIT MK5 MK6 GTI R32 | eBay

If you really want genuine then source them from eurocarparts in the UK - lots of choices.

If it's the rear console bush then you can buy the bush already fitted in the alloy bracket for about $35 each.

If you just want the rear bush bare to fit in your own console housing they are about $12 each.

If you want a bit more steering control you can fit the rear console bush out of an S3 Audi. They are about $25 each (ex UK) for Febi. Look in Lucas Rs thread on his "other german fling" for partnos.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

thanks ill have a search and let the mechanic who will be doing the repair know about the links

had the repairs done today and car yard is fixing the bill even thou its out of their warrenty period ... thanks ken carrol motors

So did they replace the whole arm or just the bushes. Also, how long out of warranty was it?

Original vw dealer or car yard?
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast