Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    No more sales lol! My next upgrade will most likely be a DSG tune, missus just went on maternity leave so might have to put a bit away...

I uploaded some footage from my dashcam so you can get a feel for the noise, I wound all the windows up and turned off the AC so it's pretty quiet in there (sorry for the crappy quality recording):

It's just a nice burbling noise, it doesn't creep into the cabin or anything like that. I have a baby due in about a week so I had to make sure the car was quiet enough.

Haven't had the DP rattle sorted yet, I'm booked in to see BWA on Thursday to get it sorted out. Hopefully it's a super quick fix.

Congrats mate!!!

Thanks for the clip, I actually like the DV sound more than the DP.

The DP is surprisingly quite tho, could that be because of the bigger intercooler? As it have an effect on my car where the exhaust used to be quite noticeable. At the end of the day, as long as the "Mrs" is not complaining about the noise and getting a headache from sitting at the back, it actually a good noise for baby to get used to.

Did BWA update your APR tune to stage 2 with the new DP? If they are on sales maybe its a great time to do the DSG tune now. Otherwise once the new born comes along it will be awhile before you can touch the car again.
    2015 MY15 Tiguan 155TSI R-Line ~ Pan roof /Bi Xenon's AFS /RNS510 /RVC Plus /DSG7 /APR Carbonio Stage II intake kit, IC, Oil CC, Boost tap /Neuspeed charge & discharge pipes /Neuspeed & ECS end links/ VWR BBK & SS lines/ H&R sway bars /APR ECU Upgrade /HP DSG DQ500 Tune/R8 Coil Packs/GFB DV+ /ABT kit! (FAMILY CAR)
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

I actually find the microphone on your phone and playing on PC is not that great for the low frequency sounds you get from exhausts. You can hear it in the clip but the 3" DP has a deeper throaty burble. Exhaust notes on phones is really hard to capture.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilz View Post
    Congrats mate!!!

Thanks for the clip, I actually like the DV sound more than the DP.

The DP is surprisingly quite tho, could that be because of the bigger intercooler? As it have an effect on my car where the exhaust used to be quite noticeable. At the end of the day, as long as the "Mrs" is not complaining about the noise and getting a headache from sitting at the back, it actually a good noise for baby to get used to.

Did BWA update your APR tune to stage 2 with the new DP? If they are on sales maybe its a great time to do the DSG tune now. Otherwise once the new born comes along it will be awhile before you can touch the car again.
    Thank you! Very exciting times. Ah you just reminded me to buy a DV+ unit, it will be my last DIY project over the break so the whooshing noise should improve

I drive this thing every day and I can tell you it's very comfortable to live with, if you're light on the throttle it's perfectly fine and when you decide to drive a bit harder then it opens up nicely within the cabin. The missus definitely enjoys it but then again she used to drive a lancer with a 3" setup all the way through

Correct I paid BWA to install the DP and do the APR stage 2 flash, as much as I would love to do the DSG tune I already dropped enough $$ on the tig over the last 6 months!
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I actually find the microphone on your phone and playing on PC is not that great for the low frequency sounds you get from exhausts. You can hear it in the clip but the 3" DP has a deeper throaty burble. Exhaust notes on phones is really hard to capture.
    This recording is from my gator dash cam, I avoided doing a recording on my phone for that very same reason (plus it jiggles around a lot when it's on the air vent bracket).

That being said, you are spot on the burble is definitely throatier but in my opinion 100% ok to live with as a daily driver, the thing that saves it is keeping the factory cat back system. If it was up to me I'd have it 3" all the way through but I don't think that's going to be very baby friendly... maybe wait until he's at least a year old...
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I actually played from my phone, which is slightly much better than on a PC.
    2015 MY15 Tiguan 155TSI R-Line ~ Pan roof /Bi Xenon's AFS /RNS510 /RVC Plus /DSG7 /APR Carbonio Stage II intake kit, IC, Oil CC, Boost tap /Neuspeed charge & discharge pipes /Neuspeed & ECS end links/ VWR BBK & SS lines/ H&R sway bars /APR ECU Upgrade /HP DSG DQ500 Tune/R8 Coil Packs/GFB DV+ /ABT kit! (FAMILY CAR)
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    Thank you! Very exciting times. Ah you just reminded me to buy a DV+ unit, it will be my last DIY project over the break so the whooshing noise should improve

I drive this thing every day and I can tell you it's very comfortable to live with, if you're light on the throttle it's perfectly fine and when you decide to drive a bit harder then it opens up nicely within the cabin. The missus definitely enjoys it but then again she used to drive a lancer with a 3" setup all the way through

Correct I paid BWA to install the DP and do the APR stage 2 flash, as much as I would love to do the DSG tune I already dropped enough $$ on the tig over the last 6 months!
    Ever since I’ve got the IC in, the GFB DV has gone much softer, maybe a Forge BV would be better off I think. Thought anyone??
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011