Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Don't think i will be doing the DP at any time, unless a GTX3 or KO4 turbo + HPA Manifold together as my last upgrade to complete the Tig. I actually looked into most of them and quite like the HPA product for the KO4 and manifold combo they got.

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-hpa-ko4-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-hpa-mandifold-jpg
    What else have you done to your Tig?
    2015 MY15 Tiguan 155TSI R-Line ~ Pan roof /Bi Xenon's AFS /RNS510 /RVC Plus /DSG7 /APR Carbonio Stage II intake kit, IC, Oil CC, Boost tap /Neuspeed charge & discharge pipes /Neuspeed & ECS end links/ VWR BBK & SS lines/ H&R sway bars /APR ECU Upgrade /HP DSG DQ500 Tune/R8 Coil Packs/GFB DV+ /ABT kit! (FAMILY CAR)
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilz View Post
    Don't think i will be doing the DP at any time, unless a GTX3 or KO4 turbo + HPA Manifold together as my last upgrade to complete the Tig. I actually looked into most of them and quite like the HPA product for the KO4 and manifold combo they got.

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-hpa-ko4-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-hpa-mandifold-jpg
    What else have you done to your Tig?
    I would LOVE to do K04, look at that HPA manifold that looks awesome. How much $ are you looking at for that? Will you be doing a lot of it yourself?

I've done:

- APR stage 2
    - CTS turbo 3" DP
    - High flow turbo outlet and intake pipes
    - Golf R / S3 intercooler
    - USP tearduct cold air intake

Next on the list is DV+ and then upgrading the head unit, still not decided on which one. I also have a high flow air intake pipe waiting to be installed, just haven't gotten around to it.

If you have a spare minute check out my build thread:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ld-120335.html
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    I would LOVE to do K04, look at that HPA manifold that looks awesome. How much $ are you looking at for that? Will you be doing a lot of it yourself?

I've done:

- APR stage 2
    - CTS turbo 3" DP
    - High flow turbo outlet and intake pipes
    - Golf R / S3 intercooler
    - USP tearduct cold air intake

Next on the list is DV+ and then upgrading the head unit, still not decided on which one. I also have a high flow air intake pipe waiting to be installed, just haven't gotten around to it.

If you have a spare minute check out my build thread:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ld-120335.html
    Hi Ceres_mining_co

You got some nice setup up there too, are you planning on doing the KO4 soon?

The HPA KO4 and manifold does look awesome and that got my eyes on it too, if i do go ahead ill be thinking of doing a custom “virtual flash” tune.

Im lucky enough to do everything in my mate garage, which he got everything you needed to do the install and diagnostic. How is the CTS DP?? I doubt i will do the DP at any recent stage as i prefer the car to be less noisy with two kids in it. At the end of the day is still a car for my wife to drive daily. But again it will be subject to change.........
    Last edited by Evilz; 06-12-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    2015 MY15 Tiguan 155TSI R-Line ~ Pan roof /Bi Xenon's AFS /RNS510 /RVC Plus /DSG7 /APR Carbonio Stage II intake kit, IC, Oil CC, Boost tap /Neuspeed charge & discharge pipes /Neuspeed & ECS end links/ VWR BBK & SS lines/ H&R sway bars /APR ECU Upgrade /HP DSG DQ500 Tune/R8 Coil Packs/GFB DV+ /ABT kit! (FAMILY CAR)
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Here is my final job with the Tig for 2017.

First of all I want to Thanks Ramee, as his detail IC DIY has helped me alot with the guide of the process in doing this install and i ended up doing it within 2hours.

Unfortunately i still haven't have a good chance to test out the different, hopefully i can do a cruise on a night soon to test it out. Again can’t wait for the real summer to come and test it under the real heat!

Here are some photos.

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-60-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-61-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-62-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-63-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-64-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-65-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-66-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-67-jpg

Through out the whole process, i think the hardest part would be to set the hose clamp to the precise location i want it as it keep slipping away as i tighten it.

Apart from that I still haven't figure out how to do a dual caliper for the rear brake. So far with the Front BBK is really performing what i expected now, but somehow i felt that it become abit of imbalance during braking. ( As in the rear is lifting alot more than before during hard braking) It could be just me...... seem like it will be an "X-file" case for now.
    Last edited by Evilz; 14-12-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Add on
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Hi Ceres_mining_co

You got some nice setup up there too, are you planning on doing the KO4 soon?

The HPA KO4 and manifold does look awesome and that got my eyes on it too, if i do go ahead ill be thinking of doing a custom “virtual flash” tune.

Im lucky enough to do everything in my mate garage, which he got everything you needed to do the install and diagnostic. How is the CTS DP?? I doubt i will do the DP at any recent stage as i prefer the car to be less noisy with two kids in it. At the end of the day is still a car for my wife to drive daily. But again it will be subject to change.........
    I wish! K04 is out of my price range, I've spent enough on the Tig.... for now. Very lucky you can do the work yourself, the price goes through the roof when going via a workshop which is fair enough.

The DP is awesome, to be honest it's not that loud at all I notice it when driving hard but driving around town it's just fine. Installing the DP freed up heaps of that top end torque the car is a completely different beast now.

I need to send the car back in as it sounds like the DP rubs against something when I turn the car hard right or left under acceleration.
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

I wish! K04 is out of my price range, I've spent enough on the Tig.... for now. Very lucky you can do the work yourself, the price goes through the roof when going via a workshop which is fair enough.

The DP is awesome, to be honest it's not that loud at all I notice it when driving hard but driving around town it's just fine. Installing the DP freed up heaps of that top end torque the car is a completely different beast now.

I need to send the car back in as it sounds like the DP rubs against something when I turn the car hard right or left under acceleration.

Would you be able to do a video to record the normal driving sound and hard driving sound by chance?

If the DP making the rubbing sound, would that mean the DP wasn't made to the right angle to the Tig? But im sure the exhuast guy can fix that. Good Luck!!

You are right, if you cant do most of the stuff yourself it will become extremely costly for installation. I'm just lucky as I can acess my mate work shop in anytime, esp when he is fully equip with euro car tools and diagnostic computer. But again with all the forum and youtube, you can actually learn a lot from it and DIY.

So far the impression of the new intercooler is it definately keep the boosting for much longer and again the car actually gone much quieter from exhaust resonating!!! I guess the downside is each gear is much longer lasting before gearing up. But still I haven't got a chance to test it under 40 degree temperature yet.

The other problem i'm having at the moment is the front endlink is making a fair bit of crackering, it might be due to the height still wasn't set right. Hopefully after the wheel alignment those guy can fix it. I know i shouldn't need it as i did not lower the car, but if i have a stiffer sway bar (for long term process) a more solid end link would be more reliable. Worse case scenario would be installing back the stock one, which doesn't take long to do at all.
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Would you be able to do a video to record the normal driving sound and hard driving sound by chance?

If the DP making the rubbing sound, would that mean the DP wasn't made to the right angle to the Tig? But im sure the exhuast guy can fix that. Good Luck!!

You are right, if you cant do most of the stuff yourself it will become extremely costly for installation. I'm just lucky as I can acess my mate work shop in anytime, esp when he is fully equip with euro car tools and diagnostic computer. But again with all the forum and youtube, you can actually learn a lot from it and DIY.

So far the impression of the new intercooler is it definately keep the boosting for much longer and again the car actually gone much quieter from exhaust resonating!!! I guess the downside is each gear is much longer lasting before gearing up. But still I haven't got a chance to test it under 40 degree temperature yet.

The other problem i'm having at the moment is the front endlink is making a fair bit of crackering, it might be due to the height still wasn't set right. Hopefully after the wheel alignment those guy can fix it. I know i shouldn't need it as i did not lower the car, but if i have a stiffer sway bar (for long term process) a more solid end link would be more reliable. Worse case scenario would be installing back the stock one, which doesn't take long to do at all.
    Yeah for sure! I'll do one up for you this weekend.

No I actually bought the DP from a company by the name of CTS tuning, the workshop simply did the installation. Still, to your point the CTS pipe shouldn't have run into any issues given it was made for a Tiguan...

Your intercooler looks great, what a thick unit! Now that it's summertime I'm really noticing the difference upgrading to the Golf R unit, the heat soak is not as bad as it used to be although I still prefer driving hard at night when it's a bit cooler

I need to explore doing the swaybar, did it make much of a difference?

Users Country Flag
    Here is my final job with the Tig for 2017.

First of all I want to Thanks Ramee, as his detail IC DIY has helped me alot with the guide of the process in doing this install and i ended up doing it within 2hours.

Unfortunately i still haven't have a good chance to test out the different, hopefully i can do a cruise on a night soon to test it out. Again can’t wait for the real summer to come and test it under the real heat!

Here are some photos.

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-60-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-61-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-62-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-63-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-64-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-65-jpg

Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-66-jpg Evilz 2015 Tiguan 155TSI R Line-image-67-jpg

Through out the whole process, i think the hardest part would be to set the hose clamp to the precise location i want it as it keep slipping away as i tighten it.

Apart from that I still haven't figure out how to do a dual caliper for the rear brake. So far with the Front BBK is really performing what i expected now, but somehow i felt that it become abit of imbalance during braking. ( As in the rear is lifting alot more than before during hard braking) It could be just me...... seem like it will be an "X-file" case for now.
    Look at that intercooler and the slotted rotors! Awesome!

Yeah for sure! I'll do one up for you this weekend.

No I actually bought the DP from a company by the name of CTS tuning, the workshop simply did the installation. Still, to your point the CTS pipe shouldn't have run into any issues given it was made for a Tiguan...

Your intercooler looks great, what a thick unit! Now that it's summertime I'm really noticing the difference upgrading to the Golf R unit, the heat soak is not as bad as it used to be although I still prefer driving hard at night when it's a bit cooler

I need to explore doing the swaybar, did it make much of a difference?
    BWA is having APR 12% off sales At the moment (FYI)!! Time to spoil yourself.

The sway bars definitely make a huge different in handling, esp the front one!! I guess you can consider that as your next work for the Tig!! And DIY like all of us did.

How ow did you go with the DP, got it sorted yet?
    2014 F30 328I (ME CAR)
    2011 E46 330CI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag

BWA is having APR 12% off sales At the moment (FYI)!! Time to spoil yourself.

The sway bars definitely make a huge different in handling, esp the front one!! I guess you can consider that as your next work for the Tig!! And DIY like all of us did.

How ow did you go with the DP, got it sorted yet?
    No more sales lol! My next upgrade will most likely be a DSG tune, missus just went on maternity leave so might have to put a bit away...

I uploaded some footage from my dashcam so you can get a feel for the noise, I wound all the windows up and turned off the AC so it's pretty quiet in there (sorry for the crappy quality recording):

It's just a nice burbling noise, it doesn't creep into the cabin or anything like that. I have a baby due in about a week so I had to make sure the car was quiet enough.

Haven't had the DP rattle sorted yet, I'm booked in to see BWA on Thursday to get it sorted out. Hopefully it's a super quick fix.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast