Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving lights for Tiggy

Driving lights for Tiggy

Hi this is my first post so please go easy. I know this has been touched on before but could somebody please point me in the direction of an electrician that can wire up some driving lights for my Tiggy please. The high beam is very ordinary especially when living in the country. I have read that is not a straight forward job as the computer can throw error codes when the high beam is tapped into. I have seen a couple of tigs with them so obviously it is possible but if it's going to be a bit hit and miss I would rather not because my tig is still stock and in great condition and I want to keep it that way. I would be going the direction of small HIDs as I have them on my ute and they work a treat. Live in Taree and am willing to travel as far as Sydney get the wiring done and looking like factory

Users Country Flag
    You can always upgrade the high beam bulbs,There are plenty of better ones on the market i bought these ,
    Osram Cool Blue Intense H15 Styling Headlight Globes 3700K Twin Pack OF Bulbs | eBay

Users Country Flag
    Like you, I live in the country, and upgraded bulbs (within the limits of legality) and/or driving light are essential. This is my setup, and it works flawlessly. Mine were installed by the guys from Euro Car Upgrade in Maroochydore when I was up visiting my folks in Brisbane. I know that is too far and in the wrong direction for you, but I just wanted to reassure you that it is possible and can be reliably done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving lights for Tiggy-img_4432-jpg  
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Thanks arcadelt, I was actually considering using these guys to upgrade the stereo and put in an original reversing light. I only knew them by their eBay name JKU until I just done a search on them. My sister lives in Morarfield so that's why I had considered them earlier for the stereo and now it just gets better and better. Did u source the nudge bar first or did they stock that as well? I know ECB do make them for the tiggy, cheers

Cheers mate, could u please read my next comment. Should of replied directly to ur comment with it

I'll get use to this replying soon lol

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    Like you, I live in the country, and upgraded bulbs (within the limits of legality) and/or driving light are essential. This is my setup, and it works flawlessly. Mine were installed by the guys from Euro Car Upgrade in Maroochydore when I was up visiting my folks in Brisbane. I know that is too far and in the wrong direction for you, but I just wanted to reassure you that it is possible and can be reliably done.

Sorry about the earlier replies, was trying to reply directly to you. Hope it worked this time

Users Country Flag
    I bought the nudge bar directly from ECB and detoured slightly to Clontarf to pick it up on my way to Maroochydore. It's not cheap, but solid as a rock and you won't get the wobbling of the light beam that you can with those mounts that sit under the number plate. It also has the bonus of a small protection plate. Order the nudge bar well beforehand to be sure they have one in stock in the finish you want, or so they can make one for you if they don't.

During that visit I also had Euro Car Upgrades upgrade my head unit to an RNS-510, install a 9w7 Bluetooth module and an OEM lowline reversing camera, plus convert the switch for some aftermarket fog lights that the previous owner had fitted to the factory switch. I was very happy with their work and recommend them to others. I've had work done on another car I own by a different crew in a different city, and while the work was reasonable, Euro Car Upgrades were far more professional in comparison.

While we are talking country driving improvements, after a fair bit of research, I have also set my dipped lights at 50% brightness to work as DRLs, so I just set the switch to auto and the car worries about when to change from DRLs to full headlights and back again. I can turn the DRLs on and off through the MFD too. Depending on the version of the CAN bus and MFD in your car you should be able to get Euro Car Upgrades (or anyone else with a Ross-Tech cable) to set some of that up for you too if you want.

Replying here is fine as it leaves a record of discussions that might help other forum members in the future. However, if you want to reply directly, click or tap on the persons username and choose "Private Message".
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    I bought the nudge bar directly from ECB and detoured slightly to Clontarf to pick it up on my way to Maroochydore. It's not cheap, but solid as a rock and you won't get the wobbling of the light beam that you can with those mounts that sit under the number plate. It also has the bonus of a small protection plate. Order the nudge bar well beforehand to be sure they have one in stock in the finish you want, or so they can make one for you if they don't.

During that visit I also had Euro Car Upgrades upgrade my head unit to an RNS-510, install a 9w7 Bluetooth module and an OEM lowline reversing camera, plus convert the switch for some aftermarket fog lights that the previous owner had fitted to the factory switch. I was very happy with their work and recommend them to others. I've had work done on another car I own by a different crew in a different city, and while the work was reasonable, Euro Car Upgrades were far more professional in comparison.

While we are talking country driving improvements, after a fair bit of research, I have also set my dipped lights at 50% brightness to work as DRLs, so I just set the switch to auto and the car worries about when to change from DRLs to full headlights and back again. I can turn the DRLs on and off through the MFD too. Depending on the version of the CAN bus and MFD in your car you should be able to get Euro Car Upgrades (or anyone else with a Ross-Tech cable) to set some of that up for you too if you want.

Replying here is fine as it leaves a record of discussions that might help other forum members in the future. However, if you want to reply directly, click or tap on the persons username and choose "Private Message".
    Xclnt, thank you

Users Country Flag

Tiggy2009:

You might want to consider this way of addressing your concerns - it is an awesome high beam and to all intents and purposes there is no apparent modification when viewed externally. No vibrations, low additional current and the beam goes forever.

Some decent lighting for the R-Line

Dingah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast