Support VWWC

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference between the 125 and 147 petrol models?

Difference between the 125 and 147 petrol models?

Hi - stupid question.

I've been cruising the dealers when I can but it seems no one has any cars to test drive - unbelievably annoying!

Anyway I initially wanted the following spec -

Tiguan 147
    Leather trim
    Sat Nav + Dynaudio
    Window Tint
    Metallic Paint
    Mats

But it seems it'll get over $50K for that spec

So am considering dropping down to the 125 instead - have any of you drove both and decided the 125 was fast/strong enough? I'm not concerned about breaking land speed records or anything - just hoping not to have grannies beeping me to hurry up on country roads.

Your advice is appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    125 + chip = 189

The 125 itself is capable enough to drive around in but the chip just makes it astounding.

I would reccomend not getting tinting done by VW as it will cost you an arm and a leg and can be done for almost half price elsewhere.
    Mats can also be sourced from ebay cheaper than the stealer can sell them to you.
    Depending on which options come with leather, it is also cheaper in most cases to get the seats re-uphosltered in leather after purchasing it.

Dynaudio is not going to be an option for me as I think sound system is fine as is, unless you want excellence in sound quality that is.
    Satnav is a nice gimick but a tomtom will do the same for about $100 as oposed to $2k.

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    125 + chip = 189

The 125 itself is capable enough to drive around in but the chip just makes it astounding.

I would reccomend not getting tinting done by VW as it will cost you an arm and a leg and can be done for almost half price elsewhere.
    Mats can also be sourced from ebay cheaper than the stealer can sell them to you.
    Depending on which options come with leather, it is also cheaper in most cases to get the seats re-uphosltered in leather after purchasing it.

Dynaudio is not going to be an option for me as I think sound system is fine as is, unless you want excellence in sound quality that is.
    Satnav is a nice gimick but a tomtom will do the same for about $100 as oposed to $2k.

It's going to be a fleet car (work car) so not sure I could chip it, would it void the warrantee?

Was driving around town with an unchipped 125 car a drag?

I've heard the standard audio system, but again frustratingly, I am yet to hear the premium Dynaudio system - I'm just hoping it's much better.

I'v been toying with the idea of scratching the Sat Nav, but it's really one of the nicest features on the car - I currently have to fix an external tomtom thing and it's bloody annoying!

By the way, thanks so much for the quick reply!

Users Country Flag
    I take it this is for the auto's if you are considering the 147.

The 125 is good to drive (drove a 125 auto 2 weeks ago with my brother) and as said 125 + chip = 190kw and 147 + chip = also 190kw. It is the exact same engine, 1 just detuned to differentiate the models on the market.

Personally I'd go the 147 (if only it came in a manual) just to get the wheels, RCD510, optical parking and seats. Is it worth $4200 extra though is the question.See below for a comparison

Tiguan 147 v 125 Specs differences

Front Foglights $400
    Chrome trim around windows N/A
    Chrome Roof rails N/A
    17" Alloy wheels 235-55-17 N/A
    Tinted Windows N/A
    Low tyre presure indicator N/A

Dual Zone Climate control Comfort Pack $1000
    Low lights sensor auto lights
    auto dimming rearview mirror
    illuminated vanity mirrors
    rain sensor

Interior ambience lighting N/A
    Folding tables in front seatbacks N/A
    RCD510 + 6Cd Changer Audio N/A
    Rear parking sensors Dealer Accessory $700
    Optical Parking System N/A
    Sports Front seats N/A
    Lumbar adjustment - front seats N/A
    Under front seat drawers N/A
    Front Seat backrest storage N/A
    Glasses case in roof lining N/A
    Automatic transmission $2500

125 TSI Auto
    36690 +
    1000 Comfort +
    400 Fogs +
    700 Parking sensors
    = 38790

147 TSI Auto
    = 42990

Difference = 4200 (value of all N/A items?)

BTW, my brother decided on a 125 auto in the end as he did not see the value in the 147.

EDIT: if you get leather in the 125, you get the sport seats as well ..... I should have done that .... ... but I don't like leather and kids combined as the leather really suffers (scratches) with young kids .....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 30-09-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Thanks for the comparison.

Another question - I guess if I get the 125 model then I'm not wasting money on the higher spec audio system that I will replace with the Sat Nav + Dynaudio?

Am thinking I might go for this spec instead -

Tiguan 125
    Leather
    Comfort Pack
    Sat Nav + Dynaudio (this comes with reversing camera and sensors right?)
    Fogs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by suparockin View Post
    Another question - I guess if I get the 125 model then I'm not wasting money on the higher spec audio system that I will replace with the Sat Nav + Dynaudio?
    Sat Nav & Dynaudio is $4800 on the 125 and $4300 on the 147. So the RCD510 is worth $500 on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by suparockin View Post
    Sat Nav + Dynaudio (this comes with reversing camera and sensors right?)
    You will need to add Park Assist for $1400 to get that. Costs $500 more than to add it to a 147 and its down to the cost of the sensors.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote came in for the 147

Tiguan 147 TSi Auto - $39,081
    Leather - $ 3,363
    RNS510 + Dynaudio - $ 3,454
    Standard Bluetooth - $ 600
    Tint - $ 250
    Media Device Interface - $ 360
    Metallic Paint - $ 727
    Dealer Delivery - $ 904

Subtotal - $48,739

Fleet Discount - $3092

$45,647 + GST = $50,212

+ all the normal bits and pieces (stamp duty, Rego, CTP).

Users Country Flag
    Seems like a good deal.
    You got everything pretty cheap there.

Tinting was usually over $500.
    Metallic paint is saving of $170

You should input the details in the tig spreadsheet to see what savings you would make

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...GWDlPNUE&hl=en
    Last edited by team_v; 30-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.

...it's also a good deal more expensive than what I'm supposed to spend, it's a work car.

I have to find something the equivalent value to a Ford G6E, so far as i can tell purchasing say thats about $40,500 + GST and on-roads.

Might have to re-think and get the 125.

Sydney - 125TSi Tiguan/Silver leaf/Pirelli P6/Rola racks/Thule Ranger90/AVC9000-1+camera/Hertz sound

Hi the 125 has really strong performance round the city - if you look at its spec compared to the 147 you will see it is essentially the same engine with the same low down torque but knobbled at the top end. Our other cars are a Golf GTI and a Boxster (and a large 4wd) - we have been really surprised by the 125 and in my view the 125 Tig will not leave you feeling underpowered in the city.

cheers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast