Support VWWC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Difference between the 125 and 147 petrol models?

Users Country Flag

Isn't the DSG in the Tig the 550Nm one? The stock engine has a torque of 280Nm, surely they won't put 250NM rated box in the car.

sharkie thanks, i read the post differently.
    2011 Tiguan 147TSi DSG, Silver Leaf, BiXenon, 18"s, ACC, leather, tow pack, bluetooth, now in the shed !!
    2007 Golf GTi Reflex Silver DSG, other worthy but aircooled German cars...
    http://www.autowerks.com.au/porsche_projects/index.html

Users Country Flag
    Yeah sorry guys, as per what Sharkie said. I was answering a question on details of the gearbox in the Tiguan (slightly OT) and obviously overlooked the confusion that some people have about there being two 7sp DSGs in use. I've edited my post to clarify that the 250Nm "dry clutch" 7sp DSG is not used in the Tiguan.

Cheers

Old thread, but I got the chance to drive the 147 TSI when my 125 was in repairs.
    the 235 17inch rims sure made a bloody big difference to the car imo. The car is so much more stable on poor road surfaces, turns with less body roll and the inside the car cabin was much quieter.

(The 147 was a DSG and mine is an automatic. Would it make a difference to noise inside the cabin or was it the tyre choice? Dunlop sports (not sure what model) vs Pirelli P6 215s)

The car just feels so much better with the 235 tyres. I think it makes the 147 just that tiny bit better

Users Country Flag
    I took a test ride in a 125 before buying a 147 and for me one very noticeable difference is the seating. I found that the seat in the 125 just felt flat whereas the 147 seats have more pronounced rise in the seat bottom side edges giving you a more stable feel via 'the seat of your pants'.
    MY21 Tiguan 162 TSI Elegance Night Shade Blue 7sp DSG

Users Country Flag
    Does both cars has leather seats? I think, the leather seats come with more pronounced padding
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
    Does both cars has leather seats? I think, the leather seats come with more pronounced padding
    Option in both models
    Christian Sieg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post

The 147/155 come with sports seats (covered in cloth/suede as standard), the same as the seats that come when you order leather.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wesa182 View Post
    The 147/155 come with sports seats (covered in cloth/suede as standard), the same as the seats that come when you order leather.
    Except that the leather option also adds heating and electric adjustment for the driver.
    MY21 Tiguan 162 TSI Elegance Night Shade Blue 7sp DSG

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RGE View Post
    I took a test ride in a 125 before buying a 147 and for me one very noticeable difference is the seating. I found that the seat in the 125 just felt flat whereas the 147 seats have more pronounced rise in the seat bottom side edges giving you a more stable feel via 'the seat of your pants'.
    i didnt like 125 seats either. but i d take leather anyway. So 125 + leather was my choice.
    MK1 Golf convertible

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast