Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTS Turbo Tiguan DP - thoughts?

Users Country Flag

CTS Turbo Tiguan DP - thoughts?

Hello everyone,

I have an MY11 Tiguan 125TSI 4motion with DSG, I'm at APR stage 1 and working out options for stage 2.

I will most likely go with the APR Tiguan CAI (Mostly for bonnet bling and ease of install) however I'm finding that getting a hold of an off the shelf Tiguan DP in Australia is a bit of a challenge.

I've searched through these forums and done quite a bit of research on off the shelf options which led me to this product here:

CTS Turbo Tiguan & Q3 Downpipe

Has anyone had any experience with CTS products? The DP is currently on sale and even after labour costs + the stage 2 flash, I'll still end up saving around $750 if I import this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I'm also thinking about doing the S3 intercooler upgrade so I don't have to touch the setup for a while but I'm keen to get your thoughts on this.

Here I was thinking stage 1 would be enough for the time being...
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Users Country Flag
    What's the price including shipping?

Wouldn't mind doing a group buy a split shipping costs if you live around sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTS product is generally pretty reasonable.

I found with my 125TSI after I went stage 2 that the intercooler was causing major restriction to air flow. Upgrading to Golf R/S3 intercooler gave 5-10kwaw gain (or more accurately the stock one was losing 5-10kwaw). So it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NIC01Q View Post
    What's the price including shipping?

Wouldn't mind doing a group buy a split shipping costs if you live around sydney.

Buying from the site directly, the AWD DP with a high flow cat comes in at $472.49US ($592AU on todays conversion rate). Shipping from the site comes in at $292US ($366AU ouch) So a total of $958 delivered for 1 unit. It looks like the site isn't able to ship more than 1 unit due to shipping restrictions.

I've also reached out to dub addiction who are their distributor here in AUS, I'll let you know what they quoted me.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    CTS product is generally pretty reasonable.

I found with my 125TSI after I went stage 2 that the intercooler was causing major restriction to air flow. Upgrading to Golf R/S3 intercooler gave 5-10kwaw gain (or more accurately the stock one was losing 5-10kwaw). So it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
    Ok great to hear, thanks for your feedback. How are you finding your stage 2 tig now?
    Last edited by Ceres_mining_co; 03-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    I've also reached out to dub addiction who are their distributor here in AUS, I'll let you know what they quoted me.
    Yes check with Dubaddiction - even though they're likely paying GST on the importation, their shipping is likely a LOT less due to bringing them in bulk. You may be lucky and they may already have one in the country....

Ok great to hear, thanks for your feedback. How are you finding your stage 2 tig now?
    Stage 2 Tiggy was my work car and got sold a couple of years back with just under 100,000km on the clock. It's still running around SA with another VW enthusiast and from my understanding is still going strong (and probably gets driven harder now than when I had it).

My wife now drives a 155TSI stage 1 Tig as her daily. This one is a lot lower km and we'll keep this one longer term

Well what do you know, they had 1 unit sitting on the shelf! I compared prices and the cost was pretty much the same so I went through Dubaddiction, they were super quick getting back to me and I figured it would be good to have someone locally to chat to in case anything happens.

Lucky for me the wife doesn't mind our Tig having a bit more "attitude". Best if I keep the receipts out of sight just in case

Yes check with Dubaddiction - even though they're likely paying GST on the importation, their shipping is likely a LOT less due to bringing them in bulk. You may be lucky and they may already have one in the country....

Stage 2 Tiggy was my work car and got sold a couple of years back with just under 100,000km on the clock. It's still running around SA with another VW enthusiast and from my understanding is still going strong (and probably gets driven harder now than when I had it).

My wife now drives a 155TSI stage 1 Tig as her daily. This one is a lot lower km and we'll keep this one longer term

Well what do you know, they had 1 unit sitting on the shelf! I compared prices and the cost was pretty much the same so I went through Dubaddiction, they were super quick getting back to me and I figured it would be good to have someone locally to chat to in case anything happens.

Lucky for me the wife doesn't mind our Tig having a bit more "attitude". Best if I keep the receipts out of sight just in case
    Well that's a win and better support the local guy I reckon. Keep us posted how you get on. You'll need a stage 2 tune as soon as it goes on otherwise you'll get a CEL from the O2 sensor going out of spec.

Will do, I've got a USP motorsports tearduct CAI on the way and today I found a golfR intercooler off another forum member, will bolt those in then take the DP in to my local tuner for the stage 2 tune, I'll start up a thread once the goods start arriving.

Well that's a win and better support the local guy I reckon. Keep us posted how you get on. You'll need a stage 2 tune as soon as it goes on otherwise you'll get a CEL from the O2 sensor going out of spec.

Will do, I've got a USP motorsports tearduct CAI on the way and today I found a golfR intercooler off another forum member, will bolt those in then take the DP in to my local tuner for the stage 2 tune, I'll start up a thread once the goods start arriving.
    Sounds like a plan. Look forward to hearing how you get a on.

Yeah I would also love to get a downpipe for my tig if there was a reasonably priced solution, that shipping is rough.
    2012 155TSI Tiguan - 19" Porsche Macan Wheels, Eibach Springs, GFB DV+, LED Headlights, LED Taillights, P3Cars Gauge, Hardwired V1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast