Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Mountains - Tiguan off road action

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arctra View Post

With your clearance issues you may want to seriously consider getting yourself a bash plate made up. It's something I don't regret getting at all, even for town driving. I have no concerns driving over rubbish in the road as I know my sump isn't as badly exposed as it is without the bash plate.
    For a soft offroader it goes well (note I have the off road pack) the only compliant is the clearance at the back of the car, espcaily if you got passengers.

First month I had my car going slowly down a pretty tame track in Newnes Plateau the car bottomed and the tank was ruptured..since that had bash plate installed over tank by my father (having a panel beater in the family helps)...and all good since then...look at the plate though and its got a lot of dings now 8 years later..but no more ruptured tank
    Last edited by Rodw; 02-11-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nervous31 View Post
    OK - in the deep end looking at a 2008 Diesel Tiguan with manual gearbox and doing a project to "outback" it.
    Looking at suspension kit (for lift and ride), rear wheel carrier for second spare, bash plate, bull bar, HID and LED bar on the bull bar, CB Radio and antenna... any ideas suggestions. Looking for help in Melbourne for gear (tailor made or off the rack).
    So Nervous31, have you had any more thoughts on your Tig? I'm looking into Nudge Bars; the prime contender, and most expensive, being ECB's, through an ARB franchise, here in Sydney. But Red Rock, on Ebay, and their own site at Mt Druitt (Sydney), have one priced anywhere between half, and a third of the cost of the ECB (depending on where you get your ECB).

Not looking at soft-roading mine, so no lift kit needed, thank the First Egg, and doubly expensive for me, if I did, i would expect, seeing as how the R is factory lowered, though I do want to look into suspension. Because of the R series, the ride feels a little harsh, so some nice bump sucking-up, would be nice, but then, a real stiff torsion bar, front and back, I think, for the corners!

HIDS? Nah, not so much. But defs for the light bar! But haven't done my research on makes/brands/country of origin...

Now where on earth are you going to mount this CB radio, mister? I have scratches all over my arms and face from explaining to good friends that there twern't no room for the swinging of the cat, let alone a CB radio!

Let us know how you have got on, and if I ever get me fat arse into gear, I'll do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12