Support VWWC

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bi-Xenon Headlights for Tiguan - Retrofitting

Bi-Xenon Headlights for Tiguan - Retrofitting

G'day All,

Our tigger (103TDi) finally arrived at the dealer on Tuesday and we're picking it up on the 6th July after a four month wait! However when we ordered, we tacked on a few extra extras after we had placed the order, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the car. One was the dynaudio, but since the missus is obsessed with talkback radio, thats probably not going to be much of a concern. The other was the bi-xenon headlights. Now i've never owned a car with bi-xenon or just xenon headlights so i'm not too concerned, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if these can be fitted aftermarket? I did ask the dealer and he did say no, but I thought there might be a third party that can fit these?

Quote Originally Posted by pezza View Post
    G'day All,

Our tigger (103TDi) finally arrived at the dealer on Tuesday and we're picking it up on the 6th July after a four month wait! However when we ordered, we tacked on a few extra extras after we had placed the order, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the car. One was the dynaudio, but since the missus is obsessed with talkback radio, thats probably not going to be much of a concern. The other was the bi-xenon headlights. Now i've never owned a car with bi-xenon or just xenon headlights so i'm not too concerned, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if these can be fitted aftermarket? I did ask the dealer and he did say no, but I thought there might be a third party that can fit these?
    Yes you can, I have part number for LHD for the main headlamps, I think you need the headlamps and a couple of modules I had quoted them and where US$2000+ both HL and the 4 modules. I hope somebody can help you on the Part numbers.

You "may" be ABLE to BUT I'd bet it will cost an absolute fortune cos there's a tremendous amount to do. I would suspect you'd be talking the thick end of 4 or 5k and I very much doubt it's worth that unless you do a tremendous amount of open road night driving. They'd be nice to have I'm sure but I doubt you'll really miss them. Just my 2c worth.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

You can try this from ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Japan...Q5fAccessories

Cheers

Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Looks like I might just make do with the normal lights for the time being.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    You "may" be ABLE to BUT I'd bet it will cost an absolute fortune cos there's a tremendous amount to do. I would suspect you'd be talking the thick end of 4 or 5k and I very much doubt it's worth that unless you do a tremendous amount of open road night driving. They'd be nice to have I'm sure but I doubt you'll really miss them. Just my 2c worth.

Cheers
    Also by law BiXenons need to have washer units fitted, so a very expensive mod. As for Dynaudio, check other threads on this site. Alternate sound was fitted for $1500.
    TIGUAN MY09 103 TDI auto, White,18in Alloys,MDI ,Bk Leather, Comfort Pack, Park Assist, Fog Lights, Sun-roof & Tow Bar / VW roof racks running Goodyear Assymetric 2 Tyres
    GOLF 7 MY14.5 Pure White,TDI Bi-Xenon, S/roof,Adaptive CC, DAP, Leather, Pirelli Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by pezza View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Looks like I might just make do with the normal lights for the time being.
    I just ordered some Phillips X Treme Power H7 bulbs, which are same wattage 80% higher light output than conventional for AUD$45. There are others around with 50% more light, but hey, I thought whilst I was there I'd get the brightest. Note these bulbs will have a shorter life than conventionals.
    This appears to be the easiest and legal way to get some more light.

If its not clear from above, you cannot retrofit legally HID (Bi-Xenons) to a vehicle, its against the law in most countries inc here. You must have self-levelling function and washers. Fitting the HID bulbs in headlamps designed for normal Halogens will cause an unnacceptable amount of light scatter, blinding other drivers.
    Refer discussion on ADRs and quote of requirements for HIDs from Swallowtail:
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...e+Power&page=3
    Last edited by Sanman; 01-07-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added ADR Link
    TDI tiguan in the drive. ParkAssist, comfort, fogs
    Service every 15,000, new fault code every 7,500km

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanman View Post
    I just ordered some Phillips X Treme Power H7 bulbs, which are same wattage 80% higher light output than conventional for AUD$45.
    Where in Melb are you getting these from? Will they be OK regarding any extra heat generated considering headlights are now all plastic housings.
    Be interested how they peform once you get them.
    TIGUAN MY09 103 TDI auto, White,18in Alloys,MDI ,Bk Leather, Comfort Pack, Park Assist, Fog Lights, Sun-roof & Tow Bar / VW roof racks running Goodyear Assymetric 2 Tyres
    GOLF 7 MY14.5 Pure White,TDI Bi-Xenon, S/roof,Adaptive CC, DAP, Leather, Pirelli Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Bayman View Post
    Where in Melb are you getting these from? Will they be OK regarding any extra heat generated considering headlights are now all plastic housings.
    Be interested how they peform once you get them.
    Same wattage as standard, so no heating problems.

Autobarn was selling them on special in May for $49.99

I bought the Philips XTreme for $45 landed from an EBay seller:powerbulbsdirect. eg:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PHILIPS-X-TRE...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Sadly, Bayman, after initial fitup they seem identical to standard Halogens in colour and light output

Refer discussion and discount code to get them for $52 from Powerbulbs.com UK Online shop (related to theEbay one above) with free parker lamps.
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...ad.php?t=28188
    Last edited by Sanman; 01-07-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: update information
    TDI tiguan in the drive. ParkAssist, comfort, fogs
    Service every 15,000, new fault code every 7,500km

Height limit for Xenon headlamps?

Does anyone know what height the headlamps should be adjusted to? Since I had my bi-xenons fitted they point lower on the ground than my Audi TT. A first night drive over the weekend proved they seemed lower than every other car on the road. Going past nearside motorway road signs every car in front lit up the signs but my Tig didn't do that. When in the car they only seemed to light up the ground 1.5 car lengths ahead.
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast