Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (AWD) Haldex Failure - Tiguan

Thanks for your posts. The links you have posted will not only help Tiguan owners but others with generation 4 on their vehicles.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Would you believe this ****? My haldex decided to start working again yesterday as I noticed I no longer had wheel spin. Wiped the codes and it's yet to come back...

Still planning on replacing all the fluids in the vehicle and will most likely do the filter and pump.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    Would you believe this ****? My haldex decided to start working again yesterday as I noticed I no longer had wheel spin. Wiped the codes and it's yet to come back...

Still planning on replacing all the fluids in the vehicle and will most likely do the filter and pump.
    Hi Danny .. it says in the documentation for haldex if you give the Haldex a bang it starts working again ... shortly will fail again .. three times I belted my pump and it started working again then failed.

Quote from the company: The pump runs every 20 seconds or so to keep the system primed, the ECU powers up the motor for 2 seconds and turns off again.
    This causes the brushes to wear out, typically this can be proven by running the pump with VAGCOM/VCDS using the output test function.
    If the pump will not run, gently tap the pump a few times with something metal, typically the pump will jump back into life. This is not a fix, this proves the pump is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    Thanks for your posts. The links you have posted will not only help Tiguan owners but others with generation 4 on their vehicles.
    No worries Jets. I have guides etc over on mytiguan.com so if I can be of any help you will find me over there if I do not reply.

Gav

It decided to quit again. I reset the fault code when the vehicle was running in gear and it engaged and jolted me forward a little bit. It only works for the first 2 seconds or so and disengages the rear wheels.

I'm most likely going to order the replacement pump off ebay: BRAND NEW!!! 0AY598549A AUDI CARGO PUMP FOR FOURTH GEN. AWD SYSTEM | eBay

Anyone know where to source haldex filters as apparently VW do not sell the part? Is it worth changing the filter? Or will a haldex fluid and pump change be enough to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    I believe this is the coreect part: HALDEX.111358
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I would change the filter too! Mine was a mess when removed! (AWD) Haldex Failure - Tiguan-20171118_140005-jpg

Thanks for the info guys! When I have my pump and filter replaced, I will pull it apart and have a look at how "bad" it's been damaged. My Haldex unit at the moment is confused, it decides to work sometimes and decides to throw a code and stop working other times :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12