Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: auto hold

Quote Originally Posted by aussietig View Post
    Anyone notice with their Auto Hold that after say 5 - 10mins, it sort of releases a bit and car feels likes it's moved probably a couple of millimetres?

Is this normal?
    I've noticed that if you don't break reasonably forcefully at time of stopping, sometimes there is a bit of creep...a simple push on the brake pedal fixes it...

Users Country Flag
    it will only hold it for so many minutes, then it will apply the handbrake - might be getting just to that point.

Users Country Flag
    Anybody know if the auto hold function disengages the DSG? In other words, if I'm stuck in a traffic jam and using auto hold am I better to snick it into neutral for a prolonged stop or just leave it in drive? Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    No need to stick it in neutral

You're thinking about the DSG all wrong. Its not an automatic gearbox

Its basically a dual clutch manual gearbox.

Officially its "an electronically controlled dual clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox, in a transaxle design - without a conventional clutch pedal, and with full automatic or semi-manual control"

So when at a dead stop the DSG basically has it in neutral or "engages the clutch" like you would in a manual

Thats why there is that slight delay to kick into gear when you accelerate
    2011 Tiguan | 125TSI (5N) | Deep Black | DSG (7-speed) | Launch Control | 4Mo | Fog | Comfort | Bluetooth | MDI (USB + iPod) | Roof Bars | Rear Sensors | Floor Mats | First Aid Kit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince_S View Post
    No need to stick it in neutral

You're thinking about the DSG all wrong. Its not an automatic gearbox

Its basically a dual clutch manual gearbox.

Officially its "an electronically controlled dual clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox, in a transaxle design - without a conventional clutch pedal, and with full automatic or semi-manual control"

So when at a dead stop the DSG basically has it in neutral or "engages the clutch" like you would in a manual

Thats why there is that slight delay to kick into gear when you accelerate
    Thanks for clearing that up for me...us old timers have a bit to learn!

Users Country Flag
    you can stick it in neutral though as that release the clutches. Leaving it in Drive is sort of the same as leaving a manual in gear and keeping your foot on the clutch.

How would you know if the brakes was already release after take off in autohold? The light wont shut off and im afraid that the brakes might burn. Is this normal? there's a feeling that the brake stil bites after take off.
    Last edited by RSanti; 11-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.

The light stays on to indicate that the autohold function is still active, for the next time you stop on a hill. The function can be active, without 'holding'.

You could find a quiet street that had a very slight gradient, with autohold active & brake to a complete stop. Then take off slowly so you are just doing about 2 or 3kph & slip it into neutral, & ensure you continue to coast slowly?
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    The light stays on to indicate that the autohold function is still active, for the next time you stop on a hill. The function can be active, without 'holding'.

You could find a quiet street that had a very slight gradient, with autohold active & brake to a complete stop. Then take off slowly so you are just doing about 2 or 3kph & slip it into neutral, & ensure you continue to coast slowly?
    Alright I got it. Thanks heaps

Update: i did exactly what you mentioned and the tig coasts slowly without "holding" the brakes
    Last edited by RSanti; 12-06-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234