Support VWWC

Thread: Apple Car Play head unit to suit MY12 Tiguan

Apple Car Play head unit to suit MY12 Tiguan

Hi,

Hoping for some advice! I would like to upgrade my head unit after experiencing apple car play in a new Amarok (what a ute!).

What I need: basically just has to work with an apple iPhone, and I'd also like to be able to use the volume control buttons on the steering wheel. I need good quality Bluetooth phone call ability, and a button to press on the agreeing wheel preferably so I can chat to 'siri'.

A reversing camera would also be good!

Does what I seek exist?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

James

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrim View Post
    Hi,

Hoping for some advice! I would like to upgrade my head unit after experiencing apple car play in a new Amarok (what a ute!).

What I need: basically just has to work with an apple iPhone, and I'd also like to be able to use the volume control buttons on the steering wheel. I need good quality Bluetooth phone call ability, and a button to press on the agreeing wheel preferably so I can chat to 'siri'.

A reversing camera would also be good!

Does what I seek exist?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

James
    If you want to stay factory you can go with Discover Media like in the Amarok.
    Otherwise there are good quality aftermarket like pioneer and Alpine or cheap aftermarket like rcd330 or Android units

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you want to stay factory you can go with Discover Media like in the Amarok.
    Otherwise there are good quality aftermarket like pioneer and Alpine or cheap aftermarket like rcd330 or Android units

Thanks for the reply kamold,

Would the discover media work/fit into a MY12 Tiguan? Would this have to be purchased through a dealer? I imagine they're not cheap..

EDIT: just stumbled upon your discover media retrofit thread Kamold. That looks awesome! I would likely not be able to do this myself however.. Also, i'm not sure if its worth mentioning but my tiguan has the very basic headunit in it without any Bluetooth or colour screen, cameras etc - The RCD310 I just worked out.

I would definitely be happy to pay someone for a discover media fit though! Did it work correctly with your steering wheel controls?
    Last edited by Scrim; 25-10-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scrim View Post
    Thanks for the reply kamold,

Would the discover media work/fit into a MY12 Tiguan? Would this have to be purchased through a dealer? I imagine they're not cheap..

EDIT: just stumbled upon your discover media retrofit thread Kamold. That looks awesome! I would likely not be able to do this myself however.. Also, i'm not sure if its worth mentioning but my tiguan has the very basic headunit in it without any Bluetooth or colour screen, cameras etc - The RCD310 I just worked out.

I would definitely be happy to pay someone for a discover media fit though! Did it work correctly with your steering wheel controls?
    Yes it works with steering wheel controls etc.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500