Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aftermarket Towbar for R-Line Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Paccas View Post
    If anyone in Sydney needs a tow bar on their R-line, I had one done by John at TowBars2U Sydney yesterday. Very neat job, very happy with the outcome.

Can I ask what the fitted cost was for this? The Canberra tow bar option looks good but prefer to have something in Sydney. Any issue with false activation on the rear sensors?

Users Country Flag
    Hi, It cost $1000. No issues with false activation, couldn't be happier.

Users Country Flag
    I had many arguements with vw over this, I got the genuine wiring harness fitted free by vw so I didn't need to worry about all the after market ones working properly. now just looking for a Sydney installer to install the bar only. might give towbars 2 u a call.
    cheers

Just seen this post. How was the lower section of the R Line bumper removed? I thought the whole bumper had to be removed to gain access underneath?
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Naresh View Post
    Just seen this post. How was the lower section of the R Line bumper removed? I thought the whole bumper had to be removed to gain access underneath?
    Based on the recommendations here, I had Canberra Towbar Fitters install a towbar on my TDI Tiguan. They split the rear bumper where the top and bottom sections are joined by a series of tabs, and looking back at TIGR photos it looks like the R Line bumper is the same. Once all the necessary bolts and screws were removed, the process involved a screwdriver and a bit of WD40 to lever the tabs out of their mounts.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yep! This photo shows it a little better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Towbar for R-Line Tiguan-img_3001-1-jpg  
    TIGR
    2017 162TSI R-Line Tiguan -
    Tungsten Silver | DAP | APR Stage 1 Build thread: https://goo.gl/YNgixR
    2015 155TSI R-Line Tiguan
    -
    Build thread: https://goo.gl/sEqISR

Users Country Flag

Is anyone aware of someone in Brisbane who can fit a Hayman Reese Towbar to an RLine Tiguan, Sydney or Canberra is a bit of a hike I live on the Sunshine Coast any advice welcome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345