Support VWWC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Tiguan 155tsi transmission issues

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    Maybe if there's a tweak for the steering response. I read that there's one for the Polo.

The Tigger doesn't feel as rewarding to drive because the steering feels uncommunicative. The Golf based chassis is great and with Adaptive Chassis Control, a very car like response to boot.

But as is, it doesn't inspire me to modify it.
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and Poly Lower A-Arm bushes make a world of difference IMO. Ride is still reasonably comfortable, but handling much better and steering more pointy and responsive! Only down side is that is also makes the low speed steering rack rattle over bumps more noticeable.
    I originally got the springs to try and tune out some of the "jitteriness" of the original ride, but the difference to sporty feel is amazing
    Last edited by Tiggy1; 24-09-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: IMO
    2011 147TSi 7spd DSG Reflex Silver, 18" New York Alloys, Leather with MDI, ECB Nudge Bar, Viezu Tune (Work in Progress), Eibach ProKit Springs, SuperPro Poly ALK & Rear Trailing Arm Bushes, H&R 26mm Rear ASB and Whiteline HD Adjustable End-Links, VAR Design 3" Downpipe, Sprint Booster, Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced Module, GTI Sports Pedals, Flappy Paddle Strg Wheel, LED fogs as DRL, chrome blingy bits

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko2k View Post
    Awesome! And of course we can wait, that's what you do when you own a Tiguan
    It won't be this week No time frame given to me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Fingers crossed you have it next time you're in Adelaide....

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy1 View Post
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and Poly Lower A-Arm bushes make a world of difference IMO. Ride is still reasonably comfortable, but handling much better and steering more pointy and responsive! Only down side is that is also makes the low speed steering rack rattle over bumps more noticeable.
    I originally got the springs to try and tune out some of the "jitteriness" of the original ride, but the difference to sporty feel is amazing
    Actually I think the Adaptive Chassis option is well worth the money.

But that doesn't fix the very light steering feel which doesn't give much feedback.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    Actually I think the Adaptive Chassis option is well worth the money.

But that doesn't fix the very light steering feel which doesn't give much feedback.
    Another compromise for fuel efficiency (ie. electro-mechanical). I don't mind it myself, and definitely more roadfeel with poly bushes. I believe the bushes also change the caster slightly which gives "harder" (but more direct) steering.
    Last edited by Tiggy1; 24-09-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    2011 147TSi 7spd DSG Reflex Silver, 18" New York Alloys, Leather with MDI, ECB Nudge Bar, Viezu Tune (Work in Progress), Eibach ProKit Springs, SuperPro Poly ALK & Rear Trailing Arm Bushes, H&R 26mm Rear ASB and Whiteline HD Adjustable End-Links, VAR Design 3" Downpipe, Sprint Booster, Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced Module, GTI Sports Pedals, Flappy Paddle Strg Wheel, LED fogs as DRL, chrome blingy bits

Another compromise for fuel efficiency (ie. electro-hydraulic). I don't mind it myself, and definitely more roadfeel with poly bushes. I believe the bushes also change the caster slightly which gives "harder" (but more direct) steering.
    Have you noticed any difference in tyre wear rates?

Just wondering how many km's people get out of a set of tyres and if changing the suspension is going to have an adverse effect.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Doesn't matter much to me, as long as it's coming at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Have you noticed any difference in tyre wear rates?

Just wondering how many km's people get out of a set of tyres and if changing the suspension is going to have an adverse effect.
    Hi. One of those "how long is a piece of string" type questions I think - depends on tyre/road conditions/climate/driving style etc, etc. In my case, on Bridgestone Dueler H/P 235/50R18's, on variety of road surfaces with even mix of around town, highway and range work, having travelled 18000km from new, I have 5.25mm tyre depth remaining to wear indicators. Seems pretty even all around with no excessive scrubbing on inside or outside of tyres (front or rear). I'd describe driving style as "spirited" in general (especially on ranges where more fun), but not on the limit always (occasional squeal but not sideways or anything). My personal opinion is that the suspension mod would improve overall tyre life (depending on driving style) as it lowers to C of G and therefore the car sits flatter and spreads the load more evenly over all 4 tyres ?!
    I had the mods done about 4000km ago and have certainly not noticed any unusual or excessive wear.
    Hope this helps.

P.S: apologies to Dani for hijacking thread
    Last edited by Tiggy1; 24-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.

P.S: apologies to Dani for hijacking thread
    Yeah had thought the same thing too.... back to DSG tuning now

after driving my 132 dsg for 2 weeks i feel the same issue. you have to absolutely floor the thing to get the boost while S gear is responsive but it over revs like crazy on avg 60kmph speed streets. sigh...would an apr tune fix the issue? was thinking of putting it off after i get the sat nav done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast