Support VWWC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Tiguan 155tsi transmission issues

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No-one else with the 2012 Tiguan 155 is having the issue (or has the same car and is not having the issue)? Please speak up if you are, would love to hear from you

So after a bit of further investigation, custom code tune for 7 speed DSG isn't available just yet. Like a lot of things for the Tigs the tuners focus on the Golf market and the Tig comes as a bit of an afterthought when they have some spare time.

So at the moment it looks like it may be APR or nothing... unless there's anyone else out there that does these tunes locally.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Hi Dani. We have still less then 2000kms on our 155TSI, but I experienced the short shifting and holding onto gears for too long for a while now. My dealership is useless, if I call them up there will be 3 different monkeys on the line who have no clue what they are talking about. As mentioned above WOT always seems to work well to change gears ))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have just chased up Custom-Code up about you guys, I hope you can be patient!!

Gavin

Seems us Tig owners are being asked to be patient quite a lot these days

Looking forward to a DSG upgrade for my DQ700 when it's available.
    Last edited by tigger73; 23-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Yes unfortunately, anecdotel evidence must suggest that Tig owners do not mod their vehicles (as they're mainly used for school runs).
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Maybe if there's a tweak for the steering response. I read that there's one for the Polo.

The Tigger doesn't feel as rewarding to drive because the steering feels uncommunicative. The Golf based chassis is great and with Adaptive Chassis Control, a very car like response to boot.

But as is, it doesn't inspire me to modify it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    I have just chased up Custom-Code up about you guys, I hope you can be patient!!

Gavin

Awesome! And of course we can wait, that's what you do when you own a Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
    I've driven my Tig exclusively with manual mode for solid one month. The DSG seems to learn from it (D Mode) and shifts better, only last for a week or so, now it's back to short shifting. I do notice the box shifts better if the accelerator is pressed harder. Maybe a SprintBooster type of equipment can alleviate this problem, they are not cheap either.
    Hi,
    found the same problem (as with almost all Tiguan owners with DSG I believe), but after having a Viezu Performance tune (which includes a light DSG remap on the ECU) and fitting a Sprint Booster (about $300) the problem is almost totally gone.
    Just very occasionally do I get the "bogging down" when it hasn't dropped down to 1st (eg. rolling up to roundabout), but the only cure for this is to manually shift down, or get a proper DSG remap as mentioned earlier in post. On the whole though, the DSG is remarkably intuitive and lightening quick on the changes (especially with the flappy paddle steering wheel). Like all machines though, there is no replacement for the human supercomputer behind the wheel (we can see a corner coming, whereas it can't - yet)
    2011 147TSi 7spd DSG Reflex Silver, 18" New York Alloys, Leather with MDI, ECB Nudge Bar, Viezu Tune (Work in Progress), Eibach ProKit Springs, SuperPro Poly ALK & Rear Trailing Arm Bushes, H&R 26mm Rear ASB and Whiteline HD Adjustable End-Links, VAR Design 3" Downpipe, Sprint Booster, Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced Module, GTI Sports Pedals, Flappy Paddle Strg Wheel, LED fogs as DRL, chrome blingy bits

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast