Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 TSI oil temperature

2.0 TSI oil temperature

Yet another oil thread! Sorry but i'm a little concerned...

Hit 150000 k's last week & had the service done at a new mechanic as i've recently moved back to the Coffs coast.

So am still really happy with how the Tig is going & no real issues since that one issue back in 2013. But with the latest oil change (Castrol LLIII approved oil) & new mechanic (should mention i had the coolant flushed & replaced as well) my car now has the oil temp at 114 when fully heated up & cruising at 110. Prior to the service & for the past almost 8 years, it would always be on around 100 to 105. The coolant tank is a little overfilled as well.

Should i be concerned? Why is my engine oil 10 degrees hotter than before? I know it's hot at the moment, but it hasn't made that much of a difference in the past.
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Following. I'd like to know as well please. Thanks!

Thought that maybe the oil may need to 'run in' for a few hundred k's & then it would go back to it's usual 100 - 105 degrees, but, no... 800 k's in & its still high, even got up to 115 yesterday. If i idle, or putt around town it will go down, but now mainly sits on 114 on motorway. Perplexing...

Users Country Flag
    Cooling system not properly bled?
    Right coolant used?

Thanks for reply. I wondered about that although the correct temp is showing on the temp gauge (90) Its just the oil temp on the MFD that's too high. The coolant in the reservoir looks the right colour.

Can i ask what other petrol Tiggy owners are reading as their oil temps as per MFD output? Can't help but think something isn't right...

Today's observations showed the now usual 114 degrees down the motorway, dropped back to 105 in the 60 zone through Coffs & 11 sets of lights, back up to 114 along the motorway by the time i get to Woolgoolga around 25k's further north. Similar readings on the 70k trip back south.

I've now done 1500km's since last service when this started happening. Is my water pump on the way out?? Should i change my oil to the familiar Penrite or Fuchs i usually use? How does one 'bleed' the cooling system?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Users Country Flag
    @MGV: I haven't checked my Tiggy on freeway, for 60-80 zone the oil temp is about yours, 104-105 degrees. Will get back when I have chance to test on freeway (~100km/h)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Can i ask what other petrol Tiggy owners are reading as their oil temps as per MFD output? Can't help but think something isn't right...

Today's observations showed the now usual 114 degrees down the motorway, dropped back to 105 in the 60 zone through Coffs & 11 sets of lights, back up to 114 along the motorway by the time i get to Woolgoolga around 25k's further north. Similar readings on the 70k trip back south.

I've now done 1500km's since last service when this started happening. Is my water pump on the way out?? Should i change my oil to the familiar Penrite or Fuchs i usually use? How does one 'bleed' the cooling system?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Just did a 1400 km from Sydney to Hobart via Canberra and the coast in four days in my 132kw TSI and had a range up to 111 degrees oil temp on a 32 degree day at 100-110km/h down to 100 degrees on a coolish day. Regular range was 100-105 on average 20 - 23 degree days. Coming into Melbourne last Friday it was 29 degrees and on the freeway it say about 104 sometimes up to 108.

CHeers,

Chris

Users Country Flag
    My Arteon 2.0 sit at 103-109 at 30c doing 100kph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Checked the oil level? Less oil = higher temperature.

Do you know what oil the mechanic used?

Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 28-03-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast