Support VWWC

Thread: Thinkware F800 Pro in new VW Arteon

Thinkware F800 Pro in new VW Arteon

G'day everyone,

I figured this was the closest matching sub-forum for the question.

Have any of you installed a dashcam into a MY17 7.5 or a MY18 (models with the Discover Pro Gen 2 infotainment system and digital dashboard)?

I removed mine from my Passat prior to trade in and went back to Autobarn to have it installed in the Arteon and they mentioned that they needed something called a CAN-bus to wire it up etc. otherwise wiring it into the battery throws up error codes and other **** (according to the fitter at Autobarn).

Mostly, I'm just paranoid about it, having just dropped a rather large sum on driving it off the showroom floor (and having a minor argument to have them fix some scratches on the fascia that occurred prior to purchasing) and was hoping that one of you had installed a dashcam into a VW with the same interior systems as the Arteon (the Passat and Golf can both be optional with identical components).

Kind regards,
    Paul

Users Country Flag
    bump.

I'm keen to know how people fit a front and rear dashcam on an Arteon.

It looks like an absolute pain in the butt to work with.

No where to neatly hide the front cam
    The whole ceiling is one piece
    Frameless windows
    fastback hatch sedan coupe thing

Thinkware F800 Pro in new VW Arteon-img_20180518_112125-jpgThinkware F800 Pro in new VW Arteon-img_20180518_112244-jpgThinkware F800 Pro in new VW Arteon-img_20180518_112336-jpg
    Last edited by HiddenTaco; 18-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    Sorry mate have'nt thought to fit one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    It should be able to be hardwired direct to a fuse using an addafuse I would think Works in my Passat without troubles
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It should be able to be hardwired direct to a fuse using an addafuse I would think Works in my Passat without troubles
    Thanks, I ordered a BlackVue with the Power Magic Pro and will goto Jaycar to get the fuse wire taps. Wish me luck with the install.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Thanks, I ordered a BlackVue with the Power Magic Pro and will goto Jaycar to get the fuse wire taps. Wish me luck with the install.
    You only need a light fuse in the top of the addafuse as the ciggy plug has a 2 amp fuse in it. I taped the ciggy plug and socket together as they are hidden in the end of the dash and PMP was in the little glove box by the steering wheel Dont know if your car has that

You may find that as in the Passat there are spare fuse sockets with power on one side and no outlet side I used two of them and meterd them out to get the right ones Easier than interupting circuits
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You only need a light fuse in the top of the addafuse as the ciggy plug has a 2 amp fuse in it. I taped the ciggy plug and socket together as they are hidden in the end of the dash and PMP was in the little glove box by the steering wheel Dont know if your car has that

You may find that as in the Passat there are spare fuse sockets with power on one side and no outlet side I used two of them and meterd them out to get the right ones Easier than interupting circuits
    Good advice. I do have that little glove box and never considered putting it there, sounds like a perfect location.
    Arteon & T-Roc