Support VWWC

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

Thanks Ryan_R. I merged the threads

Welcome to the forums barnesb. As per Ryan's links, check through this thread (now merged) and the VW Car Audio and Electronics forums, all your answers are here. If not, ask a specific question. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by barnesb View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an MY11 90TSI hatch. The car came fitted with the phone button on the steering wheel, overhead speakers and the ability to switch bluetooth on and off through the audio menu. I therefore assumed it was fitted with bluetooth. I have since been informed by the dealer that it is not the case and that I will need to pay $800 to have the device installed.

Does anybody know of a place in Victoria that will fit the bluetooth device to the vehicle for less than $800? Given the device is listed as a $350 factory-fit option and all of the infrastructure is there (with the exception of the device itself) I find it extremely difficult to believe it should cost me $800 to simply install the device...

Any assistance would be thoroughly appreciated.
    Hi barnesb
    I bought a dealer fit Bluetooth for 500, and wished I hadn't. It wasn't an OEM item, and did not offer Bluetooth stereo music streaming from my iPhone. I got my money back and bought a VW OEM item from eBay Spanish guy for 200 and fitted it myself. It's a two hour job max.

You need the item...the module is fairly large, and you need the correct wiring harness. Just ask mr Spaniard. He's sold many an item to Aus people.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

+1 for Spanish guy, awesome unit, was super lazy with install, wedged the unit behind the climatronic unit, and then just ran the mic under the steering wheel and up between the rubber and the a-pillar, didn't even bother taking the trim off, then just used some wire to pull the mic to the vanity light, then to the overhead compartment

lol - sounds like you followed my installation guide xD

Users Country Flag
    so I finally installed my 9w7 with the rcd510 and overall it wasn't too bad save for the fact that I didn't have a long piece of wire and instead I used a 1m long sata cable cuz I had nothing else...

anyway to report back, it works great with the mfd and after coding all my steering wheel controls work and its really convenient to cycle through the phone book via met.

on the rcd510 I'm able to dial via a touchscreen phone pad and can see my recent calls, missed calls and received calls and use that menu to call back flawlessly.

however, I have an issue with the telephone book menu on the rcd510.
    it will show all my contact names but I won't be able to dial by pressing on their names, as it would fail.
    when I press into the contact to see their phone number, it shows a bunch of random numbers and letters and is all garbled as if it was corrupted.

ive tried to resync the phone, deleted my profiles and restored the rcd510 to factory settings to no avail.
    also ive tried on my iphone 4 ios5, nokia n97mini and a htc desire hd and they are all the same.

browsing phone book via mfd is perfect, its just the phone book on rcd510 which is messed up.
    its weird because the call logs as shown on the call log menu of rcd510 is perfect and im able to view my contacts of those who i interacted with recently and be able to call them back with no problems.

does anyone have any idea??
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Reset the bluetooth by disconnecting it from the RCD510?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Reset the bluetooth by disconnecting it from the RCD510?
    hmm havent tried that yet as its a bit of an effort...
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    here is a pic i took to show what mine looks like, pause, forward and back all work within the playlist selected.
    I would very much like to know how you're getting Album, Artist, Track names to appear over Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 4 with IOS5, 9W7 and RNS510 and all I get on the display is "Bluetooth Audio". Perhaps you have a more recent 9W7 firmware? Can you dump the versions using VCDS software?

Ed: according to http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/06/i...o-devices.html the folks at Apple upgraded to the latest AVRCP version in IOS5. This adds support for album/artist/track and even artwork. So I bet it's the 9W7 that needs to be upgraded. Oh well.
    Last edited by nhand42; 01-12-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhand42 View Post
    I would very much like to know how you're getting Album, Artist, Track names to appear over Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 4 with IOS5, 9W7 and RNS510 and all I get on the display is "Bluetooth Audio". Perhaps you have a more recent 9W7 firmware? Can you dump the versions using VCDS software?

Ed: according to iOS 5 Feature: Ability To Send Artist, Album And Track Name To Bluetooth Audio Devices the folks at Apple upgraded to the latest AVRCP version in IOS5. This adds support for album/artist/track and even artwork. So I bet it's the 9W7 that needs to be upgraded. Oh well.
    Does this help you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
    Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 F HW: 7P6 035 730 F
    Component: TELEFON H09 2730

I had the default Bluetooth option (Parrot copy - $895) on my MY11 Golf 77 TSI - although it works for phone on the iphone - nothing works with Bluetooth A2DP streaming. The manual claims this is possible - I just don't hear anything from my iPhone 4S.

I have read through all 47 pages of this thread and I cannot pin if someone has actually had this music feature working?

I don't have the RNS 5 series radio system - just the standard (reverse monochrome?) radio with CD player.

I had the technician fumble with it for 1 hr and they could not figure it out and its scheduled for another longer inspection next week. What is annoying, is the VW technician didn't put things back together properly and now my AUX input only has sound from the left

What I could not understand is from reading these threads, how hard can it be to install Bluetooth A2DP with headset feature when a $250 Jawbone portable speaker does the job?? To be honest, anything over $500 seems highway robbery for something so simple.
    Last edited by gonsped; 13-12-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast