Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

I will have a play (when I get the car back from SWMBO) with the coding for the 9w7 and also whether the HTC desire (which SWMBO also took off me) behaves any differently.
    I hate the lag whilst using the (class 10) SDHC card on my RCD510, hence why I wanted the BT audio streaming.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Hmmm, maybe it's a RCD510 v RNS510 thing then???

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Hmmm, maybe it's a RCD510 v RNS510 thing then???
    Maybe - so far VRaptor is the only one with it working (and he has the 9w7, not the "premium" 9wz) with RNS510.
    I wouldn't have thought the config within the units was any different though (but then again, why would it be the same)
    Al..

Quote Originally Posted by 99_FGT View Post
    Maybe - so far VRaptor is the only one with it working (and he has the 9w7, not the "premium" 9wz) with RNS510.
    I wouldn't have thought the config within the units was any different though (but then again, why would it be the same)
    Al..
    here is a pic i took to show what mine looks like, pause, forward and back all work within the playlist selected.

Thanks V - much appreciated
    I have had a play with the VCDS and can not find anything where it may or may not support it. So it can be done from the 9w7, but may be a feature of the HU. Next step for me is to see if I can get a newer firmware for the RCD510 and if that provides the functionality.
    Al..

I would be inclined to just ask VW if they know of that feature and what's required to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I would be inclined to just ask VW if they know of that feature and what's required to get it
    Ahh, the youthful optimism.
    Looks like this ain't going to be a goer for me unfortunately. I have played with the coding a fair bit, no luck, and searched for firmware updates to the RCD510, no dice.
    The A2DP functionality - requiring you to play from the phone before selecting the input on the HU, means this feature does not deliver what I needed, which was handsfree music play (I can live without selection, but not play and skip). Basically, I end up putting the iphone in the cradle to use it anyway.
    So I can either ditch it, and put up with the slow (no matter how I format it or arrange folders) SD Card, or install an MDI. Or go back down the aftermarket path, but that didn't overly engage me, even when it was working properly.
    Al..

Maybe send an email to askavwsalesguy@gmail.com - he's been quite helpful (watched his vids before I got my Golf) and is probably running out of stuff to talk about (all just advertising new models now).

AskaVWsalesguy's Channel - YouTube

At least he knows more about VWs than most dealers here do.

Users Country Flag

Require Bluetooth for MY11 90 TSI - Any ideas?

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an MY11 90TSI hatch. The car came fitted with the phone button on the steering wheel, overhead speakers and the ability to switch bluetooth on and off through the audio menu. I therefore assumed it was fitted with bluetooth. I have since been informed by the dealer that it is not the case and that I will need to pay $800 to have the device installed.

Does anybody know of a place in Victoria that will fit the bluetooth device to the vehicle for less than $800? Given the device is listed as a $350 factory-fit option and all of the infrastructure is there (with the exception of the device itself) I find it extremely difficult to believe it should cost me $800 to simply install the device...

Any assistance would be thoroughly appreciated.

There's loads of info in this thread:
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...510-31461.html

Cheapest option is generally to buy the part on eBay and DIY, then find a friend (or friendly dealer) who will change a few codes in the car's computer so that the car knows you have Bluetooth. You can also buy a cable that connects to your laptop USB port to make these (and many other) coding changes yourself.

Check out some of the other threads in this subforum too: VW Car Audio and Electronics

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast