Support VWWC

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

Thanks...however if the 9WZ has ability to access text messages wouldn't this be an obvious major plus over the 9W7?

Edit: ok further reading I see that iPhone 4 doesn't support rSAP so 9WZ isn't an option for me. I think I'm clear now!
    Last edited by captjohnno; 20-03-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_rich View Post
    The main thing is that 9WZ has rSAP mode as well as HFP. With rSAP, the BT module is a mobile phone transceiver in its own right. With the ability to place the antenna in an optimal position on the vehicle you should achieve better reception/transmission than from a hand-held mobile. Whereas in HFP (as you are limited with 9W7), wherever you place the handheld mobile it will probably be largely sitting behind metallised glass all round, and this should have a shielding effect on the phone's radio signal.

Also, there is a convenience factor. To try to achieve anywhere near optimal radio signal from the handheld mobile in HFP mode, you need to place it in a holder (to make it legal in most states) as high as possible to prevent shielding from the metal panels of the car. With rSAP mode, the mobile just needs to be somewhere inside the car (anywhere, including in your pocket) and you will still achieve optimal signal connection to the mobile network.

That's the main difference.
    Ok I've re-read this entire thread and others a few times and I thought I was best to purchase the 9W7 over the 9WZ however the post above has me now thinking the opposite.

If I have an RNS510 & iPhone 4 by the sounds of things the 9WZ will work with HFP - not rSAP. The extra ability in regards to SMS text access on the 9WZ sounds a good feature. I am happy to get installed and coded at a dealer. The prices aren't that different so I can't see why people wouldn't go for the 9WZ with more features.

Hopefully the answer to this post clears this up as there seems a lot of confusion out there (including mine obvsiously )

I've highlighted the two products and features below:

Option 1: 9W7 via "the Polish guy" $445 AUDVW PREMIUM Bluetooth KIT RCD mfd3 RNS RNS510 7P6 - A2DP (eBay item 170512767381 end time 09-Apr-11 09:35:25 AEST) : Consumer Electronics

Plug&Play KIT - with PREMIUM Function
    part # 7P6035730C / 7P6 035 730 C
    Compatible all BT Phones !!! ( also iPhone 3GS / and 4.0 )
    Compatible with WHITE MFA / MFD !!!

This kit contains :
    3B0 035 711 B - Microphone
    7P6 035 730 C - Bluetooth Interface
    VW VOICE COMMAND and A2DP cables

VAG / VAS Coding is needed to operate this bluetooth kit in your car !!!
    VOICE CONTROL ONLY WITH RNS510 soft min 2660 !!!

This bluetooth kit is totally plug & play, you don't need to cut wires or adapt the wires from your car with dangerous risks !!!

Option 2: 9WZ via UK $579 AUDOEM VW Bluetooth kit RCD RNS510 A2DP GSM Voice Control (eBay item 280572170219 end time 05-Apr-11 23:29:54 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

You are buying a genuine Volkswagen Novero Bluetooth kit (part No. 3C8035730A).

Key features:

A2DP/Audio Bluetooth Support;
    PREMIUM Function;
    SMS Support / can choose between rSAP - UHV;
    Compatible with all BT Phones (including iPhone 3GS and 4.0);
    Compatible with WHITE MFA/MFD;
    Possibility to download phone book to bluetooth kit memory that enables you to access contacts direct through RNS510 screen;
    All the functions, such as phone book browsing and dialling, can be controlled by your Multifunction Steering Wheel or Voice.

Will fit following navigation units:
    VW MFD3/RNS510, RCD510;
    SKODA Columbus;
    SEAT High and Bolero.

This kit includes:
    Microphone (part. No. 3B0 035 711 B),
    Bluetooth Interface (part No.3C8 035 730 A),
    GSM Antenne and BT & A2DP wiring.

This bluetooth kit is totally plug & play, you don't need to cut wires or adapt the wires from your car with dangerous risks!!!

It's very easy to install the bluetooth integrated with your car – a new fast connection makes this work very easy.

----------
    Last edited by captjohnno; 21-03-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by captjohnno View Post
    If I have an RNS510 & iPhone 4 by the sounds of things the 9WZ will work with HFP - not rSAP. The extra ability in regards to SMS text access on the 9WZ sounds a good feature. I am happy to get installed and coded at a dealer. The prices aren't that different so I can't see why people wouldn't go for the 9WZ with more features.

Hopefully the answer to this post clears this up as there seems a lot of confusion out there (including mine obvsiously )

----------
    Hi Johnno

In fact the 9WZ does BOTH HFP and rSAP, so it does everything the 9W7 does (only HFP), and more (rSAP). You need the rSAP for text. Unfortunately your iPhone doesn't support rSAP, so you won't be able to avail yourself of the extra features with that mobile phone. If however Apple ever decide to support rSAP, or you get another phone that does then you can have it all.

BTW, I got my 9WZ kit from the eBay guy in Spain for less than $400 - everything supplied, inc wiring harness, microphone and GSM antenna.
    MY10.5 BB R36 Sedan with factory RNS510 and Premium Phone

Users Country Flag
    Great thanks...did you sort out the 9WZ coding as I read in another post that you were struggling with that. Do you have an iPhone yourself? Sounds like I will go for the 9WZ just in case Apple ever change their mind or I get another phone.

Users Country Flag
    Just installed my 9wz today.
    Was a pretty Easy install.
    Now just need to code it for the SMS function to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formally known as mk6tsi

IN2VWS Guest
    I have been looking through VCDS to see where to code the SMS function, as mine does not show the MESSAGES option on the MFD. I assume it should be in the Electronics/Telephone section. Once you code yours, tell me where to find it please.
    How do you tell if you have a 9WZ or 9W7?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
    I have been looking through VCDS to see where to code the SMS function, as mine does not show the MESSAGES option on the MFD. I assume it should be in the Electronics/Telephone section. Once you code yours, tell me where to find it please.
    How do you tell if you have a 9WZ or 9W7?
    Here's the link to code SMS.
    Note; SMS doesn't work on iPhones.
    Works well with blackberry/android phones.
    You can tell the difference between the 2 by the part numbers.

Goodluck.
    http://www.my-gti.com/2807/volkswage...th-programming

Formally known as mk6tsi

IN2VWS Guest
    Thank you.
    It is activated, and as you mentioned, it does not work with an iphone, but it also does not work with my Android phone......

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
    Thank you.
    It is activated, and as you mentioned, it does not work with an iphone, but it also does not work with my Android phone......
    Making phone calls is good enough IMHO.

Formally known as mk6tsi

Guys,

I have purchased a 1Z0 035 729B and I'm going to install it in my MKV R32, how I need to secure it in the car under the drivers seat. But I'm missing the bracket. Now I know from this thread you can get a Foam insert but all the install photos I have seen, including Volkswagen Skoda Bluetooth Car Kit Install in Volkswagen Golf | my-gti.com show a metal bracket and a cover (much like the factory amp under the passenger seat)

Does anyone have the part number for this metal bracket?

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast