Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

I paid $250 for a 9w7 from ebay and installed it in my 77tsi in about 30 mins. much better option than them sticking stuff on the dash.
    New Ride: MY19 PW R Special Edition
    Past: MY12 5dr CW Golf GTI Manual

I wish I was that electronically & mechanically competent. I'm not comfortable to tinkering on my new vehicle especially if something goes wrong, I void the warranty. My presumption of paying an (exorbitant) amount and have it covered warranty would be sufficient. I guess it is never this easy.

does the option come up on the iPhone to stream to your car? also there is a setting on the radio to enable Bluetooth audio, has this been enabled?

Yes, it detects the VW Bluetooth as "Touch-Phone-Kit". It pairs easily with the "0000" code. There is a setting on the radio for bluetooth - I set it to "ON" without any luck. Strangely enough, when the technician had a look at it, they set it to "OFF".

I also noticed that the new 2012 VW Golf range comes standard with Bluetooth standard and "music streaming". I can only guess they would fit this module unless VW come up with another BT option.

I also tried it with my iPhone 4 and no go either.

Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    Does this help you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
    Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 F HW: 7P6 035 730 F
    Component: TELEFON H09 2730
    Yes it does, thank you. You have the F model and I have the C model. That's almost certainly the important difference.

I can upgrade the 9W7 to an F model for about $299 but I'm not that keen. I'll wait for the next car.

Quote Originally Posted by gonsped View Post
    I had the default Bluetooth option (Parrot copy - $895) on my MY11 Golf 77 TSI - although it works for phone on the iphone - nothing works with Bluetooth A2DP streaming. The manual claims this is possible - I just don't hear anything from my iPhone 4S.

I have read through all 47 pages of this thread and I cannot pin if someone has actually had this music feature working?

I don't have the RNS 5 series radio system - just the standard (reverse monochrome?) radio with CD player.

I had the technician fumble with it for 1 hr and they could not figure it out and its scheduled for another longer inspection next week. What is annoying, is the VW technician didn't put things back together properly and now my AUX input only has sound from the left

What I could not understand is from reading these threads, how hard can it be to install Bluetooth A2DP with headset feature when a $250 Jawbone portable speaker does the job?? To be honest, anything over $500 seems highway robbery for something so simple.
    Did you try before upgrading to IOS5 ? IOS5 killed bluetooth streaming on my system.

To get Bluetooth audio streaming and be able to control the iphone etc via the headunit you need the latest version of the RCD510 (version 3) started to be released in August i think. model: 1K0-035-180-AE

This is the unit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnnCYK6FUs

The fact that the Bluetooth manual claims you can stream music over A2DP is very misleading if it required a specific radio model.

The vehicle is in the dealer now since 9am (4PM now) and they have yet to diagnose the problem =/

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gonsped View Post
    The fact that the Bluetooth manual claims you can stream music over A2DP is very misleading if it required a specific radio model.
    u can still stream music using a2dp, the issue here is that u can't see the track info (album & artist) unless u have a specific model.

older models just say "BT Audio". u can't change (<< , >>) tracks. this needs to b done on the device (iPhone) itself.
    newer models display the track info, plus enable you to change tracks.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Darkshadow - you are correct. The feature to see the track and changing it on the radio I don't need. I have the phone mounted on the windscreen and I am happy enough to change it there.

Just got the car back from the dealer. They claimed the wiring was incorrect. So somehow they removed the auxiliary connection (which was working) and now it can BT audio stream with A2DP. Not sure why they had to disable one feature to get another working? =/

Another thing I noted was, although BT phone calls was good - the A2DP feature has an audio lag - something between between 1 and 2 seconds. You can really notice when the iPhone4S is playing a video. Its rather annoying - but I think it's the Parrot type system causing this as I have several bluetooth headsets, speakers at home and A2DP never lagged on them. I tried the new Skype for IOS which allows BT headset and the lag is very prominent when you do the Skype test call.

Ah well, at least this shows that iOS 5 is definitely not the issue here.
    Last edited by gonsped; 19-12-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast