Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Thanks VRaptor - I'd be comfortable with that setup.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I didn't think (or perhaps a better word is 'realize') that you could skip tracks from the HU via BT Audio. I thought it worked in much the same was as those mini FM transmitters, where besides volume, all other controls were performed from the source audio device.

I've not seen any coding options to reflect otherwise, but the next place to check would be in the RNS510 settings menu, or perhaps within the IOS Settings area. At least search Google/YouTube to confirm that others can indeed control BT audio streaming from their HU.
    +1. me too.
    i don't have the option to move through tracks (previous/next).

Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    I can full control my iphone music over bt on my rns-510 with the 9w7, i can see song name, i cant go to playlists, but i can skip tracks etc.
    really? all i see is "Bluetooth Audio", instead of track/song name on my rns-510, when its streaming from my iphone.
    hmmm.....
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 06-11-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

I knew certain BT headsets had playback controls - but it's interesting to see some users here with varying features. My car BT is only 9W3 and doesn't even have A2DP, so I guess you need (1) one of the newest versions of the VW Bluetooth & (2) a compatible phone. Or maybe it's an RSAP feature???

Thanks for that wiki link too, FGT.

Users Country Flag
    It's dependent on the Phone and the bluetooth module...

I'm not sure if there is a list of modules that support A2DP somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    +1. me too.
    i don't have the option to move through tracks (previous/next).

really? all i see is "Bluetooth Audio", instead of track/song name on my rns-510, when its streaming from my iphone.
    hmmm.....
    Ill take a photo of mine sometime this week.
    What phone have you got?
    I have an iphone 4, running ios5

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    Ill take a photo of mine sometime this week.
    What phone have you got?
    I have an iphone 4, running ios5
    cheers.
    i've got an iphone3gs with ios5.
    car has a 9wz bt unit.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Hi all,

My car (Golf Wagon MY11.5) was optioned with bluetooth and I received two bluetooth manuals, one for standard and one for premium. I don't actually know if I have rSAP support on mine or which bluetooth unit is actually fitted to the vehicle. What's the best way to figure this out?

My iPhone 4S (iOS 5) doesn't give me track names etc on the RCD310 nor the RNS510 for the brief moment I had it in there (but I hadn't coded the car for the 510). Not sure if the bluetooth unit I have supports this feature or whether I need a firmware update for it...?

My BlackBerry Bold 9000 doesn't behave any differently, either, although I didn't delete the pairing of the iPhone 4S when I tried this. The Bold 9000 on the OS I have installed on it supports rSAP, allegedly.
    Last edited by zardoz; 07-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Mine appears the same as dArk5HaD0w's, with just "Bluetooth Audio" on the screen and no control.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    the iphone connects in hfp mode to the bt module, so i thought i'd try the missus' nokia which connects is rsap mode to c if it gave me the option to change tracks - same deal. doesn't show track name, or able to change tracks.
    so maybe its the bt unit then. i've got the 9wz/gms3/premium one.

end of the day, tis not a biggie for me. i hardly stream from my phone. as it is the battery life of an iphone isn't too flash, the last thing i want is to drain it faster by streaming music via bluetooth!!!
    i'm content with the rns510 hdd & sdhc.

Yeah, which is my I use the MDI, since you can control it via the HU and it charges it up as well.

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast