Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Linkage to a YouTube vid with what I was referring to.

Bluetooth Issue - YouTube

As far as I can tell, you have the same MFI as me, but your wheel is different (i.e. looks like the Golf 6 screen with the Golf 5 steering wheel).

I was also hoping to see if you can use the wheel buttons to navigate and control the other displays on that screen. (i.e. Setup, Navigation, Audio, etc)

From what I've seen in VCDS, I don't know of a way to stuff that up to possibly replicate your situation. Perhaps it might be best to get VW to undo the changes and find someone who has VCDS? I'm not the biggest expert on the subject though, pls I've never had the Mk5 Golf, so perhaps get a second opinion here or on another forum (i.e. my-GTI.com)

Ryan

Thanks. The Car is the R36 so older style button layout. My thoughts were to have someone run through the VAG-COM program and just leaving stuff as it was with what VW already did. I mean it a pain and I can live with it if I must.

No worries - you could also ask the Ebay seller, I'm sure they've built up a bit of a knowledgebase of installation issues.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

MotivAuto have the Bluetooth Gateway solution for the RCD510 and RNS510.

Features Include:

- Answer/Hang-Up, adjust volume, browse phone book and call lists, voice dial all from the steering wheel controls
    - Voice Dial from Steering Wheel (if phone has voice dial function)
    - Manual Dial, browse Phonebook, call lists, hang up & answer all from touch-screen radio
    - Adjust Speaker, Ringtone, Microphone Volume through MFD display
    - Upgradable to keep up with phone technology
    - If MFD+ and steering wheel controls aren't available, functions can still be controlled through touch-screen radio
    A2DP stereo audio streaming

If anyone is interested please contact: sales@motivAuto.com

Quote Originally Posted by MotivAuto View Post
    - If MFD+ and steering wheel controls aren't available, functions can still be controlled through touch-screen radio
    Perhaps that answers your question to some extent, bennobee

Best Bluetooth option

Like others in this thread, I have read through the various options for Bluetooth kits and hoping I can get advice on the best way to go based on the latest products on the market. I have a Golf GTI VI 2010 with RCD510 and the following requirements:

- unit with full feature set. I have an iPhone 3GS so understand voicemail will not work with this but want everything else ie. full integration with RCD510 and steering wheel buttons.
    - advice on best unit to purchase for the above and best place to purchase.
    - advice on best place(s) to get this installed in Melbourne (dealers or otherwise).

Thanks.
    Golf GTI MK6 Black | 5DR DSG | Leather | Sunroof | MDI

9W7 from bluewagon (on eBay), supports voicemail, you just have to program the number to dial through the MFD

Users Country Flag
    can anyone tell me that once the headunit (rns51) is disconnected from the power (battery), to allow for a bluetooth install - will i b prompted for a 'security pin/code' of some sort when i reconnect the headunit back and power it up?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

when I installed my Bluetooth, it asked me for the security code, but then as soon as I turned on the ignition, the message disappeared, however I didn't disconnect the battery at all during the process, just the cables on the back of the radio

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.752040,145.072551

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast