Support VWWC

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

Hi Everyone,

I am reading through the thread and whilst getting the just of it, I am still confused.

I am looking at acquiring a new Polo this weekend. I have spec car to my desire however have been quoted $895 for the genuine VW
    'Basic' Bluetooth. I understand this does not interface with the RCD 510 which is not the end of the world, but $895 does sound expensive. What price should I be expecting to pay for this basic system, installed?

Also, I understand some other systems are able to be interfaced with the RCD510. Can someone who has one of these systems advise if they are happy with it, if the integration is really that helpful or more of a gimic and also if the steering wheel controls still work with it. Finally a price would be great? Its all quite confusing and expensive, considering a lot of cheaper cars have it all included these days.

Any tips would be great!

The integration with the Golf is great and well worth the ~$500 I payed (installed myself). I've got no idea if it integrates with the MFI on the Polo the same was as it does on the Golf though.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the info.

Now I am kind of stuck. Took delivery of the car yesterday and yes, we love it.

We ended up with the VW basic kit installed which the dealer claims is part number 1k0051473.

Couple of Bluetooth issues however...

1) Cannot get BT streaming working. Have tried all the settings on both the iPhone and the RCD510. iPhone streams fine in other cars but no Bluetooth options appears when playing iPod in the Polo. Have paired unpaired etc with no luck. Whilst the call quality is fantastic, I am beginning to wonder if the dealer may have installed an old BT unit which simply will not stream. Any ideas? Will be hitting the dealer up tomorrow.

2) SMS/email tones. Yesterday I am sure the RCD510 faded the music and made the email ding through the speakers when the iPhone connected to the BT received an email. However today this could not be replicated nor could we get any tones coming through the BT when an SMS came in. Did not hear the SMS tones through the BT yesterday but would assume even the basic kit should do this?

Can anyone provide any advise re either of the two issues we are having?

This whole BT saga is quite confusing with the VWs. It is really hard to work out what each system should be doing and or finding any actual documentation on the products. The booklet which came with it was generic and not very helpful.

Thanks!
    2011 Polo 77TSI DSG optioned with Sports Pack, Comfort Pack, Audio Pack, VW Bluetooth, Weather Shields and Polo Floor Mats.

1. If you have a "basic" bluetooth system, I wouldn't expect it to include music streaming, as this is moreorless a premium feature. My "premium" bluetooth is a few years old and doesn't even have music streaming. On the Media screen of the RNS510, do you have the bluetooth symbol shown as one of the available music sources?

2. The only ding I've heard RNS510 make which had me confused for a long time (once thought it was bluetooth but was never consistant with my phone activity) actually turned out to be the GPS telling me it lost connection with the minimum number of satelites, which explained why I only ever heard it when driving through forests.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Ryan.

I am sure the current basic VW kit is designed to stream, a lot of people have said it works in other threads, even with the RCD310 (We got the audio pack with the RCD 510). All of BT Audio references and the BT audio tab on the head unit are present, we simply can not highlight or activate it though the head unit. Very strange.

Also re the tones, we don't have any navigation in the car so that also remains a mystery. I would have thought even the basic kit would beep when an SMS comes in?

Thanks for your comments
    2011 Polo 77TSI DSG optioned with Sports Pack, Comfort Pack, Audio Pack, VW Bluetooth, Weather Shields and Polo Floor Mats.

I think you need to use RSAP for SMS functionality, which most phones don't support. I recall another iPhone user saying his wasn't supported, but I don't know which version he had.

Anyway, instructions on music streaming are here:
    Episode 21: How to stream music from iPhone to a Volkswagen radio (play music over Bluetooth) - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Halfpastdead - In the 'AUX' settings menu, there is a option for 'automatically stream .....' try clicking that, what happens in mine RNS510 though, is once I use this option I can stream music from my phone SGS2 (not iphone) it also notifies me of incoming email / sms and the 'driving mode' in SGS2 reads out the message.

Users Country Flag
    Thinking about getting this for my MY10 GTI RCD510

OEM VW Bluetooth RNS 510, RCD 510, Voice control | eBay

anyone bought from this seller before? What is the coding about? Is it as easy as he states about installation?

Users Country Flag
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

doridori, I bough the unit you posted. Works flawlessly, supporting stereo music streaming, however, in order to make the wiring harness compatible with RNS510, RCD510 and RCD310, the microphone is wired to the Bluetooth module, then to both the microphone output and input of the head unit.

This is fine for RCD310's (as they do not have microphone pins), however for the others this may cause interference on the microphone.

What I did was cut the wire coming from the microphone, and connected that to the input of the Head Unit, then cut the bridge between the input and output of the head unit, on the wiring harness. my-gti has a diagram with the pin assignments for an RNS510 unit, but will post pictures and links when I get back to my computer.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.731380,144.939455

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast