Support VWWC

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

The 9W2, 3, 7, and Z are all genuine VW Premium units, only they were released at different times with new features being added. The 9W3 was also known as the 'Skoda kit' for a while. I think VW charge around $550. Labour rates are usually around $80 per hour.

I don't have experience with the fiscon unit, but wouldn't recomend it above the VW one.

Users Country Flag
    I have a Golf 118TSi with an RCD510 and the latest factory bluetooth. The phone button brings up your six pre programmed contacts, with buttons to bring up your contact list and also the keypad (to manually dial numbers). The latest bluetooth does not have voice activation which makes it next to useless to use with an RCD310. The RCD510 is a big leap forward from the RCD310 if you want to use it in conjunction with bluetooth.

Users Country Flag
    thx PunkJr that's heaps useful!

then i wonder why it's so strange that so many people have said that you can't get the menu to show up using the RCD510 when there clearly is a PHONE button on the headunit..... im quite baffled by this! that's so awesome, do you know which BT module you have?

now i just gotta decide how and where to buy one of these besides the dealership
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

I bought mine from these guys, no issues:

http://www.carsystems.pl/pages/pl/le...ort/coding.php
    Last edited by Ryan_R; 01-09-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    we often fit mobridge units, which are a good piece of kit. But still pretty pricey. Full integration with RCD/RNS 510 and MFD. Takes roughly an hour to install

Found some more instructions here:
    The Volkswagen Club of South Africa - View topic - Golf VI GTI RNS 510 and 9WZ Bluetooth Install - Long Post

Turns out with the RSAP ones there's an extra antenna that you have to install somewhere (in dash or inside A pillar). Your phone basically turns its 3G off when using RSAP and uses the car antenna instead. If you use 3G to get emails or run programs like Trapster, etc then that could be a disadvantage, in which case you might be more interested in the UHV version (normal hands free, no SMS support).
    Last edited by Ryan_R; 04-09-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Users Country Flag
    wow thats an awesome diy post for a mkvi!

rsap sounds like an awesome idea, but unfortunately it doesnt work with the iphone4 so that makes my life a whole lot easier in deciding hahah... so maybe i should just buy that 9w7 kit that i linked in my first post? cant find where to buy the 9wz on ebay...
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

Have been reading through this thread, very interesting. Hope someone can help, just bought a new Tiguan with Bluetooth, RNS510. How would I know which Bluetooth kit I have as (I beleive its the VW standard one) however, I do get all my call lists on the MFD, sterring wheel controls work. However voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing, STAR button on the RNS510 brings up voice prompt however does not work.

The dealer said as this is a retro-fitted RNS510 voice control will not work unless I fit another mic, and the left/right arrow buttons on left hand side of steering wheel do nothing as the RNS system is installed.

Has anyone fitted the voice control seperately? Also will be fitting RVC camera as they did not have stock at the time and he gave me $1000 off the RNS system options price

The left/right buttons on the wheel for controlling the songs/radio stations on your RNS510 should be able to be fixed easily by a quick coding change with VCDS.

As for the voice-control not responding, it sounds like yours is wired up similar to mine, only since I have VCDS I changed a code to make the mic button behave as a mute/pause function in VCDS. If I changed the code to make it a voice control button then I'd be in the same situation as you. If I press the voice control button on the RNS I get the prompt but the system can't hear me.

For retro-fitted bluetooth systems, it seems that the issue is described in this post:
    The Volkswagen Club of South Africa - View topic - Golf VI GTI RNS 510 and 9WZ Bluetooth Install - Long Post

Users Country Flag

Cool thanks alot for the response, clears things up. Appriciate this, will prob ask the dealer to fix the buttons!

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast