Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

I've just pick up on a demo Golf today. The dealer advise me there isn't Bluetooth on my RNS510 but when I connect Bluetooth on my iPhone 4, the devise came up. I can receive and dial out calls. Is that mean I got Bluetooth? It doesn't integrate with my contacts??? I'm confused

EDIT: It looks like i have bluetooth, but i cant integrate my contact with my Iphone 4 Can anyone help.
    Last edited by sub11z; 31-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sub11z View Post
    I've just pick up on a demo Golf today. The dealer advise me there isn't Bluetooth on my RNS510 but when I connect Bluetooth on my iPhone 4, the devise came up. I can receive and dial out calls. Is that mean I got Bluetooth? It doesn't integrate with my contacts??? I'm confused

EDIT: It looks like i have bluetooth, but i cant integrate my contact with my Iphone 4 Can anyone help.

Can you make calls using voice activation, steering wheel controls?

Does any phone information come up in your MFD when your phones paired?

If not, I'd say that you have the basic bluetooth fitted to your car and not the premium.
    MY10 R36 Wagon Biscay Blue|Satnav|Bluetooth|Sunroof|Auto Tailgate|Adaptive Cruise Control| - First Time VW Owner

Users Country Flag

RCD510 Bluetooth Options

Hi I picked up a 10' mkv jetta 125tdi highline with the rcd510 which didn't have factory Bluetooth and I was wondering what options I have for it. I've been doing some searching on the net and it seems that there are quite a few options, such as the pricey fiscon units.

I'm not hoping to spend too much, hopefully under $500 and I use an iPhone 4. I don't need fancy stuff like voice control or anything, just as long as I can press a phone number from the screen and have my contacts synced to it that will be fine. If it helps Im told I have a full mfd like a mkvi with white writing so if it works with my steering wheel controls and dash display that would be a bonus.

from some research i read about a 9w7 unit that is supposed to be OEM and isnt too expensive. but it seems that a lot of people who use it, get it to replace their older factory units as a direct swap in.
    a brief ebay brings this up: VW 9W7 Bluetooth KIT
    Would this suit my needs?
    i understand that i may need to get some coding done via vagcom and that's fine.

Any help guys?

Thanks so much
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Yes, 9W7 or 9WZ would be the recommended option. You can ask a dealer how much they would charge to fit or you can have a go yourself if you're a bit of a techie (I did, wasn't too hard).

http://www.carsystems.pl/media/instr...oth%20v1.4.pdf

Users Country Flag
    any particular differences between the 9w7 and 9wz?
    i dont mind giving it a go installing it myself as im a bit technically inclined although some guidance would be useful.

where did you purchase yours? will purchasing the 9w7 or 9wz give me everything i need such as any additional buttons/microphone etc or would i need to purchase separately?

thanks!
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

I never expected the units to be updated so I was a bit too quick at getting the 9W3. I know the newer ones add a couple of little features like choice of car ringtone, but I can't recall the exact differences between 9W7 and 9WZ (I think 9WZ is newer though).

Have a scan through the latter section of this thread and you should find the info:
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...-31461-35.html

For those with the Galaxy S2 and contact syncing issues, try installing the Samsung Kies PC software, which is one handy way to check contacts. I'm guessing the car is syncing all except your Google contacts? I've disabled contact syncing on my S2 and only have 'phone' contacts, and all of them appear in the car address book.

Users Country Flag
    thanks mate

so i did more searching and someone put this together:

9w2+RCD510=bluetooth calling/audio, no MFD/headunit display
    9w7+RCD510=bluetooth calling/audio, voice dialing, MFD display, no headunit
    9w7+RNS510=bluetooth calling/audio, voice dialing, MFD display, headunit display/dialing
    9wZ+RNS510= all of the above+ RSAP for sending/receiving texts on the headunit. Unfortunately for me, this doesn't support the iphone.
    now im just curious as to what the Phone button on the RCD510 does?

ive seen youtube videos of rcd510 with the phone screen and contacts on the touchscreen:
    Rcd510 e bluetooth premium golf - YouTube (from about 2 mins in, excuse the foreign language)

but from what i keep reading, you cant get the headunit to display stuff from the 9w7 etc?

what would i need to get, to be able to get the headunit working?

thanks!
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

I couldn't answer that question. I would expect the RC510 to behave the same was as the RNS if it has the same Phone button. Maybe the phone button does work, but the on-screen options are limited compared to the RNS (i.e. can't scroll through phone book, store speed dials, or something).

Unless I'm calling a speed dial, I always use the MFI and steering wheel buttons to call out, so it might not be a massive deal in the end. Perhaps visit a dealer and see if they have a car that has the RCD510 and premium bluetooth installed and see how it operates. Also keep in mind that the Australian head unit may behave differently in some respects to overseas versions.

Since you've quoted that you've now got me wondering if my new phone supports RSAP for text messaging - I might be tempted to upgrade to the 9WZ).

Users Country Flag

thats ok, hopefully someone else can

yea i see what you mean, the MFI would be the main one i'd use but you know, its more a while i'm at it type of thing to see what options i have. Is the 9w7 what they call the premium bluetooth at the vw dealers? any idea how much it would cost there?

another thing, how would the vw units (9w7 or 9wz) compare to the fiscon units; wouldnt people just buy a 9w7 or 9wz if they are a similar cost?
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast