Support VWWC

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

Hi Guys

Quick question to any 9WZ owners out there. I recently installed a 9WZ into my octavia RS and overall it works very well. I do have a couple of questions though and without a user manual I was hoping someone here had the answers.

1: Each time I start the car the bluetooth connects to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) and downloads the address book. However when I look through the address book I've noticed most but not all contacts are in the list. All of my contacts are stored the same (google contacts) so I'm not sure why some would work and others don't.

2: I'm not having much luck with the sms functions. I do receive sms (although I don't seem to ever hear a ringtone notification) but unfortunately the message appears to store on the car and doesn't leave a copy on my phone. So when I get out of the car I don't have a copy of the message on my phone to reply to. I tried the copy function but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Skoda Octavia RS TSI Liftback MY11 - Race Blue

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drc13 View Post
    Hi Guys

Quick question to any 9WZ owners out there. I recently installed a 9WZ into my octavia RS and overall it works very well. I do have a couple of questions though and without a user manual I was hoping someone here had the answers.

2: I'm not having much luck with the sms functions. I do receive sms (although I don't seem to ever hear a ringtone notification) but unfortunately the message appears to store on the car and doesn't leave a copy on my phone. So when I get out of the car I don't have a copy of the message on my phone to reply to. I tried the copy function but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    My SMS experience is similar, I don't receive a notification tone for an SMS in the car when my phone is connected HTC Touch Diamond 2. However, the SMS stays on my phone and doesn't store on the car.

Sorry I've not really helped you out, but thought it was weird that SMS do the opposite with my car to yours.
    MY10 R36 Wagon Biscay Blue|Satnav|Bluetooth|Sunroof|Auto Tailgate|Adaptive Cruise Control| - First Time VW Owner

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drc13 View Post

1: Each time I start the car the bluetooth connects to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) and downloads the address book. However when I look through the address book I've noticed most but not all contacts are in the list. All of my contacts are stored the same (google contacts) so I'm not sure why some would work and others don't.

Cheers
    I just got an S2 today, and I see exactly the same thing. It seems like it only downloads 99 contacts, and which ones seem to be random. Did you figure this one out? My iPhone 3GS works perfectly (apart from sms).

thx.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,

This is one epic of a thread and pretty hard to wrap ones brain around. That's my disclaimer for asking a question that may be covered elsewhere

Ive got an 2008 Mk5 GTI with RNS 510 installed. The car also has a basic Parrot Bluetooth fitted which no longer works with the RNS510. My car is only a weekender and being on call frequently I just need something basic to answer calls. I'm on a budget too, so I don't want to spend lots on this. When my brother fitted the RNS we couldn't differentiate the correct wires to splice in the harness to get the bluetooth working. He wasn't game to experiment.

So is there any pros in Melbourne that one can refer me too that can help me either customize what I have so it works or help reinstall another basic system?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Amanda

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by V6FSI View Post
    I just got an S2 today, and I see exactly the same thing. It seems like it only downloads 99 contacts, and which ones seem to be random. Did you figure this one out? My iPhone 3GS works perfectly (apart from sms).

thx.
    Nope no luck with contacts yet had it work once but no idea why, bit annoying but haven't spent a heap of time looking into it yet.

I've worked out that when I copy an sms from the car to the phone I have to open the stock messaging app on the S2 and go to messages on sim and copy them to the phone that way. Also a bit annoying but better than nothing.

Everything else about the bluetooth is working beautifully.
    Skoda Octavia RS TSI Liftback MY11 - Race Blue

Users Country Flag
    Hi, I've been trawling all the threads trying to find some one in a similar situation to me with no luck so i thought i'd ask for a bit of help.
    I have a MY11 Golf 118tsi Wagon with the $550 factory bluetooth installed, I have retrofitted a RNS510 and the phone integrates with it very well. No SMS on the screen but I can live without that.

What I would like is the voice recognition if posiible. Does anyone know what sort of work would be involved in getting the factory mic connected to the RNS510?

I have a Ross Tech cable and a have tried every option related to the phone or mic in the VCDS software but with no luck. I press the mic button on the steering wheel and the female voice prompts me for a command but doesn't ever recognise anything i say.

Anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks

Hi there,

I think I understand but want to make sure.

I've asked the dealer to fit a bluetooth kit to my MY10 Golf TSI 118. I have retro fitted an RCD510 almost a year go now and finally got around to asking about the bluetooth. Does anyone know if this is the MY11 kit or the old basic bluetooth kit?

The part I have been Quoted on is 1K0051473 for $550 fitted.

Can you guys help me out? Do I need to ask them for a MY11 kit?

cheers,
    emu

Ok, so this would now be the best option for RNS 510s and Columbus units at $549?

Plug and play.

Only the coding required.

If so I can the OP be updated?

Quote Originally Posted by GTREA View Post
    Ok, so this would now be the best option for RNS 510s and Columbus units at $549?

Plug and play.

Only the coding required.

If so I can the OP be updated?
    that only works for White MFD
    Looks good though.

Users Country Flag

Bluetooth Module, arial and Harness

Hi all,

New owner of a 3/09 R36. I have the RNS510 fitted without the Bluetooth module. Purchased a 3C8 035 730B on Ebay and need the following advice?

Is this the correct module for my R36?
    If yes, is there anyone other than a dealer that can install it and re-code in Melbourne?

Sorry if this has been covered previously, thanks in advance.

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast