Support VWWC

Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Quote Originally Posted by wastegate View Post
    Guys,

I have purchased a 1Z0 035 729B and I'm going to install it in my MKV R32, how I need to secure it in the car under the drivers seat. But I'm missing the bracket. Now I know from this thread you can get a Foam insert but all the install photos I have seen, including Volkswagen Skoda Bluetooth Car Kit Install in Volkswagen Golf | my-gti.com show a metal bracket and a cover (much like the factory amp under the passenger seat)

Does anyone have the part number for this metal bracket?
    My website has all those details. Either search or click the Bluetooth category.

I'll have to take a step back and relook at your post in a different light.

I did happen to find it in a different article on your site, just not the one I posted above. For those that are looking for the same thing; Volkswagen / Skoda Bluetooth Part Numbers | my-gti.com

So got that part number (thanks Maverick) and went down to Denlo VW Spare Parts, they said there was multiple versions of it and I'd have to bring the car in, even though the VIN should give all the info.

So anywhere any of you guys recommend a good VW spare parts place? Don't feel like driving to Barloworld.. ECS have the bracket for $14US but no cover.

Users Country Flag
    Just a quick update: The newer 9W7 module, part number 5K0 035 730, successor to the 7P6 035 730 C, works perfectly in the Polo 6R 2011 with the RNS510 latest version D navigation system. Both parts have build dates January 2011.

RNS510 and 9W7 Bluetooth in the new Polo 6R (2011)
    - 2011 Multivan T5.2 - 2,0L 135kW BiTDI. Mod info here
    - 2008 Tiguan 5N 103TDI 4MOTION. Mods: RNS510 | Colour MFD | MFSW | LED tail lights | Mirror LED | Footwell LED

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowLemon View Post
    Just a quick update: The newer 9W7 module, part number 5K0 035 730, successor to the 7P6 035 730 C, works perfectly in the Polo 6R 2011 with the RNS510 latest version D navigation system. Both parts have build dates January 2011.

RNS510 and 9W7 Bluetooth in the new Polo 6R (2011)
    I had a dealer fit Fibredyne (not by choice) into my MY11 Polo and I can't caution forum members enough. It's crap. That's not a typo. It's junk. It does not have what I would class as a basic feature - Bluetooth audio for music. I am now in 'discussions' to have the dealer-fit junk removed and a suitable, capable alternative put in.

Advice to fellow new VW car buyers; make sure you tell the dealer you DON'T want Fibredyne. They are a joke. The AUS importer doesn't even have a staffed phone number...so what chance technical support.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Quote Originally Posted by 77kw polo TSi View Post
    I had a dealer fit Fibredyne (not by choice) into my MY11 Polo and I can't caution forum members enough. It's crap. That's not a typo. It's junk. It does not have what I would class as a basic feature - Bluetooth audio for music. I am now in 'discussions' to have the dealer-fit junk removed and a suitable, capable alternative put in.

Advice to fellow new VW car buyers; make sure you tell the dealer you DON'T want Fibredyne. They are a joke. The AUS importer doesn't even have a staffed phone number...so what chance technical support.
    Allow me to respond (I am a software engineer for Fiberdyne Systems):

- the Fiberdyne VW/Skoda Bluetooth kit is designed and manufactured in Melbourne. It is not imported. It is an Australian designed, manufactured, and supported product, by an Australian-owned company.
    - For support you can contact us directly, or through your dealer.
    - you will be supported locally by the actual engineers that design the product.
    - our factory and offices are in Thomastown, only a few minutes from Epping VW.
    - we stand by the functionality of our product, evidenced by the large volumes we export worldwide.

And if you had contacted us, we could have informed you that upgraded strereo bluetooth streaming functionality will be available in the next week. This improves Bluetooth streaming with the latest headunits from being mono to full stereo.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gladsy View Post
    Allow me to respond (I am a software engineer for Fiberdyne Systems):

- the Fiberdyne VW/Skoda Bluetooth kit is designed and manufactured in Melbourne. It is not imported. It is an Australian designed, manufactured, and supported product, by an Australian-owned company.
    - For support you can contact us directly, or through your dealer.
    - you will be supported locally by the actual engineers that design the product.
    - our factory and offices are in Thomastown, only a few minutes from Epping VW.
    - we stand by the functionality of our product, evidenced by the large volumes we export worldwide.

And if you had contacted us, we could have informed you that upgraded strereo bluetooth streaming functionality will be available in the next week. This improves Bluetooth streaming with the latest headunits from being mono to full stereo.
    hello I am a VW sales Cadet in Bairnsdale Vic and have been chasing around looking for price's on the m1000-c-bt-vw1 to suit the amarok but as yet have only found euro pricing could you help with an aussie dollar quote approx will do thanks in advance
    Last edited by turdal44; 05-05-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: misspelled

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, we do a lot of Fiberdyne bluetooth kits thru here and the reason is that we love them and so do our customers. It's a cracking kit, has equal or better functionality to the factory stuff and it's generally at a better cost. I have it fitted to my Amarok Highline and it is excellent.

Out of interest 77kw polo TSI, have you been in contact with your salesman from here? Most of us are aware of the upcoming mono to stereo bluetooth audio firmware update.

Cheers
    Daily Car: Random BMWs | My Toy: R33 Skyline GT-R | GF's Car: 1954 Beetle 'Oval' | Our (Her) Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport

Hi Guys,

I have MY10 Mark 6 GTI with RNS510 and standard bluetooth (non-premium, I forget the part code.. 9w2, I think?).

Anyway, I want to swap this out for the 9w7 model which has the MFD integration and one screen calling. I've been lurking on this thread for sometime and note there's lots of different units on ebay

Recently I came across this one: BLUETOOTH 9W7 VW RNS 510 7P6035730C (eBay item 160579067252 end time 07-May-11 00:07:05 AEST) : Vehicle Parts Accessories

This one is selling for just $176 + 20 quid delivery!! It is just the unit with no microphone or harness cables. But since I have an existing bluetooth unit, I'm guessing I can do a straight swap with my existing 9w2? I assume I already have microphone and harness.

Can anyone who has done a DIY confirm my thinking?
    MY19 Tiguan Allspace, Platinum Grey, Sound & Vision, R Line, Sunroof

Users Country Flag

I ended up getting my 9WZ installed into my Tiguan and it's a great unit. I have an iPhone so cannot access SMS however that's fine. A few questions...

1. Does anyone have a user manual for the 9WZ, I can't find this on the forums/google

2. When the phone is connected in the car and SMS messages come in, the radio/music etc, will cut off and the phone takes over. The SMS tone does not activate, I just know I have a text as the music has stopped. How can i prevent this? As a solution I've intentionally disactivated the iPhone as a Bluetooth device from the VW (so I can't stream music via the iPhone to car which is fine as I don't need to do this) however this hasn't resolved the issue. Additionally if have music playing and pickup the iPhone and for instance unlock it or check an email, the unit swaps to Phone mode - once again switching off the music.

FYI I got it installed at VW Barloworld Five Dock for $250, they did a good job.

Many thanks.

Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast