Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Users Country Flag

Heated seats has nothing to do with it.
    It's very possible that your dealer put it somewhere else (maybe in the centre console above the headunit? There is space there between the vents.)
    In any case, since it's not in the regular location, you may wish to ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    Heated seats has nothing to do with it.
    It's very possible that your dealer put it somewhere else (maybe in the centre console above the headunit? There is space there between the vents.)
    In any case, since it's not in the regular location, you may wish to ask them
    Called the dealer. They said the BT units are NEVER installed under the seat... sigh. Anyway, they said it was behind the RNS. I am lot less enthused about pulling it out. He said he would be willing to pop it out for me: I assume if he does that and the old unit is really is there then I will figure out a way to put it all back together.

Users Country Flag
    If you're talking about installing your own BT setup and you're worried about pulling out the RNS unit, then I really have to question whether you've thought this through...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    If you're talking about installing your own BT setup and you're worried about pulling out the RNS unit, then I really have to question whether you've thought this through...
    Thanks for the concern As I wrote earlier, all I was lookling to do was swap out the 9W2 for the 9W7 - which is plug and play which even I could do, especially if the unit was under the seat as expected. I was never talking about installing microphones and playing with pins and cables - I already have BT installed... Anyway I will figure it out.

tks

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I ordered this one for our Tiguan. Bluetooth VW RNS 510 9WZ Premium 2011 !!! 5N0 035 730 D - eBay (item 320645757607 end time Feb-19-11 04:45:10 PST)
    It looks like the Skoda kit and 9WZ is the same one. They all come from Poland, some come with the foam box and GSM antenna and are usually approx. $20 more.
    Have you installed this yet? It sounds like it's what I have been looking for for my Golf R RNS510.
    Regards
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by age100 View Post
    Have you installed this yet? It sounds like it's what I have been looking for for my Golf R RNS510.
    Regards
    Yes, I did and it works really well, it went into Octavia RS. Positioning the wiring behind the radio was a bit tricky, since there is not too much of the space.

Users Country Flag
    So after reading 27 pages, I'm still slightly confused

I'm getting an MY08 R32, with a red MFD & RCD510 - and I want the VW 729 Bluetooth - so I understand the correct part number is 1Z0035729B. Easy

So there's three different kits on eBay, all vaguely similar & all around A$550 delivered:
    So I've ordered this one from the UK

I'll post again once it arrives!
    Last edited by shauno; 23-02-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    2006 MkV 2.0TDI -> 2005 MkV GTI -> 2008 MkV R32 -> 2013 Polo 77TSI + 2016 Mk7 Golf R Wagon

Users Country Flag

Installing 9W7

I just fitted the RNS510 to my 08 Golf (MY09) I do not have bluetooth connected. How difficult will it be to install the 9W7?

Users Country Flag
    I installed a 9W7 in my RNS510 equipped Touareg. Very simple if you buy one of the "Plug and Play" kits available. I picked mine up for about $350 from a seller on Fleabay. Works like a charm. You may have to use VagCom to setup MFD and Steering wheel controls.

Users Country Flag

Just a question regarding the map disc ,i bought mine from over seas with out the disc a friend has a disc he got with his installed by the dealer ,
    The question is if i ever need to reinstall the maps will his disc work on my unit or are the discs coded to each unit ?

Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast