Support VWWC

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Summary of Bluetooth Options for RNS510 & RCD510

Well, you could pay $2400 for them to do it, or you could spend around $400 getting the parts off Ebay and doing it yourself (or finding someone else to do it). Of course dealers aren't going to be happy. I didn't use FISCON, but got the genuine 9W3 kit off Ebay and did it myself, and my RNS510 is fine.

I can't comment on the R32 mentioned above, but maybe the person installing it made a stupid mistake along the way.

Berwick VW (Victoria) are fairly happy to do the installation - you can call them and ask how much they charge to do it. You can compare the price to various dealers in NSW.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    This may well be a case of The blind
    Leading the blind, and I do not endorse this, but you could have a look at: VW Bluetooth KIT RCD mfd... I recently purchased this BT for my MY11 vRs Octavia with Columbus (same as RNS510). I have been assured it works with the RNS510 & the blurb with the ad indicates it works with 3Gs & white dot matrix displays. It comes with only the module, microphone and wiring kit. The aerial, from all accounts is built in. It does not come with foam mount/bracket to mount it under the seat (source separately from VW), but I have noted at least 1 forum entry suggesting it possibly can be mounted behind the RNS (would be v v tight from all accounts). I stress again, I am far from an authority on the subject, and am still waiting on the foam mount to install mine (which could happen as soon as The flood crisis here abates and I can get to Brisbane!)
    That's the 9W7 kit. I have that installed in my car, under the seat with foam bracket and all! There is no inbuilt antenna in that one, it uses the phone's one instead, it simply does the handsfree, phonebook, MFD and A2DP streaming... 9WZ is a bit more complex as it has it's own antenna to install.

I would be cautious about it, it's a US part and mentions dual band 3G support, but Telstra is the only network here that uses the same bands as the US, so if you're on a carrier other than Telstra here, you might have reception issues.

Users Country Flag
    Does anybody know of a place in canberra or sydney which can install the fiscon units? I'd be supplying the hardware myself, I'd just rather the onus be on somebody else that nothing gets destroyed during installation

MY08 Golf GTi
    1969 Corvette coupe / original block with bolt ons for everything

Users Country Flag
    sorry to hijack your post nik, but i'm in the same boat. Anybody know of a reputable installer in Brisbane who can install and supply the 9W7 unit? I would do it myself but I'd rather it be done properly. I don't want to loose an arm and a leg by going to a VW Dealership.

Users Country Flag
    Hmmmm

Got my Fiscon Basic installed today and am very disappointed.

I was told it would work with the MFD and the MFS and doesnt work with either......

I have been told that I have the 1/2 MFD which doesnt allow the Fiscon to talk to it
    Also, it doesnt audibly ring when the phone rings, nor does the MFS buttons answer or hang up the call as described.

Anyone have any comments?

As I understand it - there is only one set of wires to be connected to the back of the radio - with no wires direct into the car itsellf.

Cheers

Irish
    MK 6 TDI / Black / Charcoal leather/ Heated seats / RCD 300 (Planning to upgrade) and soon to be FISCON Basic BT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ctan View Post
    He said it "fried" the RNS 510.
    I dare say dodge installation! I have fitted about a dozen for my customers & there have been no issues. I suggest to get someone like "JCA" (might pay to do a ring around or find out on the forum who has installled one in your area )to install it & let the VW technicians do the coding - prepare for resistance. The FISCON units are great & you can even upgrade the software, so if a new phone is released...bingo!
    Christian Sieg

Users Country Flag
    Hi All

I am installing a 9WZ kit. I am taking lots of photos and I will post all the whys and wherefores when I have a chance but I am looking for a little advice at the moment.....

It works great guns in SIM Access mode. However, I have been trying to pair my Palm Treo 750 (Windows Mobile 6 PDA) which only supports Hands Free Profile, without success. Does anyone know of any issues with pairing a Treo, or WM6 phone generally, with any of the HFP kits? I have paired this phone in other cars and use a BT headset with it daily.

I am trying to find the best place to locate the antenna. One of the points of using the SAP ("Premium") BT kits is to optimise transmission performance by having the transceiver built into the car, and antenna placement is an important aspect of that. Does anyone know where they install the antenna in the factory for any of the "Premium" kits? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks

Richard

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I'm looking at the "Premium VW kit" and it looks like there are quite a few CHEAP ones around now on ebay and other sites.
    For e.g -
    VW Golf Mk5/6 / Skoda / Seat MFD2 RNS 510 Premium Bluetooth kit
    VW Bluetooth KIT 1Z0035729B RCD mfd3 RNS RNS510 iPHONE - eBay (item 170579599870 end time Feb-12-11 13:23:46 PST)

I can see they are two different units in the photo but it should really be the same thing shouldn't it..Both suit the red MFD and both are for the MKV. The Ebay one doesn't have rSAP though I guess.

Anyway that doesn't matter, my main question is this - WHY does the OP say it's $2,200 fitted and $1,600 + fitting from Kufatec if it is available on other websites for less than $500 AUD ?? Is this not the same kit, or has the price come down?

I've read through all the pages and really everyone seems to be talking about the Skoda kit and not this one..Sorry if this has been answered already.

Users Country Flag
    I ordered this one for our Tiguan. Bluetooth VW RNS 510 9WZ Premium 2011 !!! 5N0 035 730 D - eBay (item 320645757607 end time Feb-19-11 04:45:10 PST)
    It looks like the Skoda kit and 9WZ is the same one. They all come from Poland, some come with the foam box and GSM antenna and are usually approx. $20 more.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CSR View Post
    Anyway that doesn't matter, my main question is this - WHY does the OP say it's $2,200 fitted and $1,600 + fitting from Kufatec if it is available on other websites for less than $500 AUD ?? Is this not the same kit, or has the price come down?

I've read through all the pages and really everyone seems to be talking about the Skoda kit and not this one..Sorry if this has been answered already.
    I'm wondering as well. The MFD3 option looks to be a genuine part available for a lot less $$$$. My guess is MFD3 is very recent. .::MFD3::. - A Dedicated Site To The RNS-510 VW Nav System shows that the 9W7 kit was advertised back in July 2010... compared to the last edit April 2010 from the OP. It would be good to compare the features of 9W7 against the VW supplied option.

Don't know if 9W7 technically has rsap, but looks like you can download the phonebook to the bluetooth module memory. Superficial glance says it looks competitive feature & price wise against all the options in the first posting.
    Skoda Octavia Mk3
    (sold) Golf Mark 6 Comfortline 118
    (sold) Golf Mark5 Comfortline Manual 2.0 FSI

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast