Thread: Changing songs on SatNav RNS 510 using steering wheel?

Changing songs on SatNav RNS 510 using steering wheel?

Hi there,

I have a MY10 Jetta. It was fitted with the standard CD/MP3 player, the RCD 310. I could happily change to next song and volume using the controls on the left side of the steering wheel.

I have just had a SatNav RNS 510 installed. Now I can't change to next song using the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. Up and down does control the volume however.

Is there something wrong with my SatNav RNS 510, or is this the usual operation?
    I really miss this feature!

I read the SatNav manual. The manual says you can change songs using the button on the SatNav or the touch screen. But doesn't mention the steering wheel. I don't know what version of SatNav firmware I have as I don't have access to the secret setup menu. It does have 'deactivate artist/title name', so it is at least 1100. The SatNav was dealer installed only recently.
    ~~Oxyde~~

Pretty sure you will find that it will need Vagcom to adjust settings so it will work with all the steering wheel buttons. I would suggest you take it back to the dealer who installed it and ask them to make the necessary adjustments so it does integrate and function fully, as it should
    Russ

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R Premium

To fix you'll need access to vag com:

Then:

1. Go to channel 37 - Navigation and go to Byte 7.

Is the BAP enabled or disabled?

If it is currently enabled, please disable it.
    If it is already disabled, kindly enable it.

2. Reboot your RNS510

And it should work (well at least it did on mine)