Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone call the coast guard!!

Users Country Flag

Someone call the coast guard!!

Hey all

We left for a weekend away today and on the way out the GPS went all screwy. The compass is completely wrong and it has no idea where we actually are. Even "driving" way out into the bay!!! Someone call the coast guard!!Someone call the coast guard!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The answer is "it does that"... I've seen people pop up in Germany or other random places over the years. Normally driving around for a little bit solves the problem (how long that takes seems to vary depending by thread). Drive around for a bit and let us know what happens.

Failling that, maybe you're antenna has unplugged itself (or is dead).

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks I'm not that worried... yet.
    We made it all the way to the Otways and it was still screwed by the time we arrived. Will report back when we leave on Sunday.

Users Country Flag
    have had this happen to me before. It (usually) does not rectify itself. if it does, it's shortlived.

Fixed mine by buying a new GPS puck. I get them ex-UK. They're probably Chinese units, but I have not had a failure yet. I just don't buy electronic items ex-China (call me paranoid).
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Hey bud,

Have you got the fin antenna on the roof of your car? I was thinking maybe your car didn't have gps from factory which means no fin antenna on the roof and the aftermarket gps antenna has been installed in a bad position in the cabin somewhere

Users Country Flag
    What happens when you reset the unit?
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Hey bud,

Have you got the fin antenna on the roof of your car? I was thinking maybe your car didn't have gps from factory which means no fin antenna on the roof and the aftermarket gps antenna has been installed in a bad position in the cabin somewhere
    Yup. Factory fitted shark fin/ GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    What happens when you reset the unit?
    Don't know haven't tried yet...

Users Country Flag
    Interesting, havnt really had that problem with mine unless in a gps interfering area like the cbd or underground lol

Drone compromise!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast