Thread: Headrest DVD players install

Users Country Flag

Headrest DVD players install

Has any one self installed the head rest dvd players ,i'm just wondering how to get the wiring down to the bottom of the seat back ?
    Ive bought these 9'' ones

Headrest 2 X 9" HD CAR Monitor Pillow 2 DVD Player Game | eBay

Users Country Flag
    You'll have to pull the back of the seat apart or you could use a long piece of thin plastic. Poke it through until it comes out the bottom then tape the cables to it and slowly feed them through.
    Would be better to pull apart as then you'll know for sure where the cables will be sitting.
    Post some pics once on the seats as would like to see what they look like in the car.

It looks as though half the work has been done for you already in that the wiring for the screens runs through the support post tubing. You'll then just need to feed it through the seat tithe floor or wherever necessary. For that you'll need to work out how to dismantle the back seat covers to hide the wiring. Shouldn't be too difficult by I don't have a guide to hand. There must be one out there on the net.

Good luck with the install.
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks But there is every other car on. YouTube and the net. But no Tiguans. Some one here must have installed these. ?

Because I have those trays on the back on the seats it makes getting your hand up there near impossible . So I wound the back as far forward as I could and there are two openings either. Side near the pivot Points. So hopefully I can get the cables down. To there.

Headrest DVD players install-img_0574-jpgI installed the headrest DVD players made up a neddle for threading a cord down to the base of the seat back

Headrest DVD players install-img_0567-jpgI tried to thread I down past the seat back tray but it was a no no so I removed the tray and was able to get the cord to there

Using the needle I then pushed the cord down and out at the base of the seatHeadrest DVD players install-img_0565-jpg

Headrest DVD players install-img_0566-jpgi could then tie the cord onto the end of the DVD connection cable and pull it all the way through .

Did the same both sides soldered both active and earths together and connected both to a cigarette lighter plug ,
    Headrest DVD players install-img_0568-jpg