Thread: rns510 helppppp

Users Country Flag

Unhappy rns510 helppppp

i just bought a new led rns510 , buttt found out my maps are western euro. as well as that my mfd display doesnt show anything about my rns510 songs n all that other stuff. searched and searched on the internet for a map and couldnt find anything

if anyone can help me with the mfd displace and the maps can u please help!! ill pay $$ or buy a box of beer or watever for some help.

live in melb, south east, knox area

have an golf mk5

cheers!

Hi,
    I would advise you give a few more details about your car especially the year model .... Does it have the full sized MFD or only half size ? If it only has the half sized MFD then you could have a few issues, not only with trying to get the song titles etc... to show but chances are if it is only a half sized display then you could also find that you will have the battery drain issue and will either need to change the head unit or change the CANBUS. Not trying to cause you any undue worries but without knowing a few more details about the car it's pretty much impossible to know exactly what's happening. If you do have the later CANBUS and the full sized MFD then the chances are you will need someone with VAGCOM to make suitable adjustments to enable the functions, failing this you'll have to take it to a VW dealer and get them to look at it for you.
    Russ

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R Premium

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marko91 View Post
    i just bought a new led rns510 , buttt found out my maps are western euro. as well as that my mfd display doesnt show anything about my rns510 songs n all that other stuff. searched and searched on the internet for a map and couldnt find anything

if anyone can help me with the mfd displace and the maps can u please help!! ill pay $$ or buy a box of beer or watever for some help.

live in melb, south east, knox area

have an golf mk5

cheers!
    Didn't you check to see if it had Australian and New zealand maps , the best thing you can do is get in touch with the seller and explain your predicament if your lucky they might send you the correct maps, they should of realized that they were posting it to Australia it just might be their mistake and they might correct it

Best bet is go to your dealer or wait for a friendly melbourne member
    Dealer will just do the code for the rns and if you beg they should allow you to borrow their map disk to load while your car is there.All up about 5-10mins only.
    Alternatively you can buy the disc from a business for a few bucks but i can't remember the link.Search the forum here or in mytiguan.com as i am pretty sure i read it in either of these forums about 2-3 months ago. Goodluck

Also check your canbus number incase you need a canbus adaptor to avoid battery drain.A few more dollars 40-80 I think from what i have read.I guess if you have not had any issues so far you are safe as it should become self evident in 2-3days
    Last edited by borbor1313; 05-07-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    i have a golf mk5 2008 model. battery drain isnt a issue. yea i might try take it to a dealer. thoughy id be able to just buy a copy of someone from this site. because some dealers are tight asses

Quote Originally Posted by Russ59 View Post
    Hi,
    I would advise you give a few more details about your car especially the year model .... Does it have the full sized MFD or only half size ? If it only has the half sized MFD then you could have a few issues, not only with trying to get the song titles etc... to show but chances are if it is only a half sized display then you could also find that you will have the battery drain issue and will either need to change the head unit or change the CANBUS. Not trying to cause you any undue worries but without knowing a few more details about the car it's pretty much impossible to know exactly what's happening. If you do have the later CANBUS and the full sized MFD then the chances are you will need someone with VAGCOM to make suitable adjustments to enable the functions, failing this you'll have to take it to a VW dealer and get them to look at it for you.

i have a golf mk5 2008 model. battery drain isnt a issue. yea i might try take it to a dealer. thoughy id be able to just buy a copy of someone from this site. because some dealers are tight asses

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Didn't you check to see if it had Australian and New zealand maps , the best thing you can do is get in touch with the seller and explain your predicament if your lucky they might send you the correct maps, they should of realized that they were posting it to Australia it just might be their mistake and they might correct it
    yea i knew before i bought it that it wasnt aus maps.. but thought i could do a download but soon realised thats its impoosible to find it

Quote Originally Posted by borbor1313 View Post
    Best bet is go to your dealer or wait for a friendly melbourne member
    Dealer will just do the code for the rns and if you beg they should allow you to borrow their map disk to load while your car is there.All up about 5-10mins only.
    Alternatively you can buy the disc from a business for a few bucks but i can't remember the link.Search the forum here or in mytiguan.com as i am pretty sure i read it in either of these forums about 2-3 months ago. Goodluck

Also check your canbus number incase you need a canbus adaptor to avoid battery drain.A few more dollars 40-80 I think from what i have read.I guess if you have not had any issues so far you are safe as it should become self evident in 2-3days
    got the code, just need someone to do the VAGCOM n help me out with the maps. didnt know it was this hard.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Marko91,

I can help with the coding as long as you have the right codes!!

I have VCDS with Micro-CAN interface and will be in traveling through Knox on my way to Warrandyte this Saturday afternoon, happy to swing by and give it a shot!!

But, sorry I can't help you with the maps, as I don't have a CD..

I've been looking for a Aus map download for a while, but no luck so far, but most dealers are pretty good about letting you use theirs (at a small cost)

Andrew
    MY10 Passat CC | 3.6L | DSG | 4Motion | Sat Nav | Bluetooth | Sun Roof | Rev Camera | Goes like the clappers !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakappoi View Post
    Hi Marko91,

I can help with the coding as long as you have the right codes!!

I have VCDS with Micro-CAN interface and will be in traveling through Knox on my way to Warrandyte this Saturday afternoon, happy to swing by and give it a shot!!

But, sorry I can't help you with the maps, as I don't have a CD..

I've been looking for a Aus map download for a while, but no luck so far, but most dealers are pretty good about letting you use theirs (at a small cost)

Andrew

thanks for the help, sorry for the late reply, but i just got a copy of the v3 disc off a friend, ill probs just take it to vw to get it coded i the next few days. thanks anyways dude
    Last edited by marko91; 19-07-2011 at 03:16 PM.