Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RNS 510 Navigations available from Aussie dealer - www.JKU.com.au - free postage

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce View Post
    Hi mate, at a later stage, we are able to supply the MFD GTI odometer for you at a cost of approximately 750 delivered. MFD in practice is helpful but not necessary to take full advantage of the sat nav itself.

With regards to GPS antenna inside the A-Pillar - we are not in favour of this as your recption will be decreased to 40-50% which is a border line for the sat nab to be working correctly. On his photos he is showing 5 sats and this is not enough for the unit to work accurately. Its like with a TV antenna, if you hide it in your home , its never going to work properly. 90-100 on the roof, 70-80 between the dash and winscreen. The North Parametta guys sell my 510s as well but at a slightly higher price (around 2k with fittting) as they are a big company in that neck of the woods. If you want to save a couple $$$ you can get it couriered from us with AAE overnight when you ready and arrange fitting with Nosh once you have it. He charges 150 for radio installs. We do EFT, Paypal 2.5% and Debit Credit Cards at 1.5%. Its up to you if you want me to deliver the unit to you or the installers - whichever suits best - preferably - yourself I suppose so you can enjoy the rush before fitting it
    Hey man, I'm actually quite curious about the GTI odo (I am assuming this does not include the speedo) and MFD, if you have any pictures as to how it looks (if it's virtually the same as the TSI's then don't worry, just tell me so), I might be keen enough to bag me one from you as well - I'd like to assume the guys down at Parramatta know how to install those too.

Yes, it was mentioned that chucking the antenna in the pillar might actually do more harm than good. Cosmetically a good move, less so for practicality - I'll take your word on having the antenna between the vents to make it more effective.

In any case, with everything you know, it sounds very promising; it does make me wonder, what on earth is my dealer doing differently to charge me $3300 as opposed to the standard $2500 to have the RNS510 installed in Golfs? Is he going to fit me a new MFD as well to make sure I have 100% RNS510 functionality? install the sharkfin antenna? they must be doing something magical to justify charging me enough to buy 3 RNS510 units.

Have any recommendation as to which RNS510 revision/version to get? I'm looking at the D unit, because I really couldn't care less for voice control, but if you can inform me on what's different from the C to H revisions onward, I can make an informed decision as to what I want.

Thanks again for all your advice liquidforce. I will give Martin a call when I am ready to buy and trade information on how to pay and deliver, unless of course my dealer suddenly has a change of heart and wants to at least attempt to compete with the aftermarket (doubtful, but hey, stranger things could happen).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi mate, The Speedo is the whole unit and it can be programmed to your mileage. I dont have any photos but I am pretty confident it will work pretty much no problems at all. Lets see how it goes with your MFD first and then if you are missing anything will address the issue.

The GPS antenna - in between the dash and windscreen not in the vents mate. After a while you wont even know its there. We fit them there at VW dealers to avoid problems with reception later.

The dealers are there to make money and support their building and staff and they have to charge more than a relatively small company. If our rent was 50k a month we would not be selling these at these prices either. As the matter of fact the prices will increase by 10% from 1/10 as we can no longer escape GST factor as advised by the accountant.

For the new car I would get version H mate, or if you want to save - get version D. Not too much differences - both made 2012 but with H you are getting newer HW, SW side of things do not matter too much. We are also in the process of putting Speed cameras, school zones and the likes on these.

Dealers buy these units from VW Germany at $3000 per unit as they do not order them in bulk so I daresay they will not be able to compete. We supply dealerships in QLD , NSW and VIC with these as well and many friends work in the industry so we know their facts and side of the story. They make money on servicing more than on these units.

Quote Originally Posted by Martytronic View Post
    Hey man, I'm actually quite curious about the GTI odo (I am assuming this does not include the speedo) and MFD, if you have any pictures as to how it looks (if it's virtually the same as the TSI's then don't worry, just tell me so), I might be keen enough to bag me one from you as well - I'd like to assume the guys down at Parramatta know how to install those too.

Yes, it was mentioned that chucking the antenna in the pillar might actually do more harm than good. Cosmetically a good move, less so for practicality - I'll take your word on having the antenna between the vents to make it more effective.

In any case, with everything you know, it sounds very promising; it does make me wonder, what on earth is my dealer doing differently to charge me $3300 as opposed to the standard $2500 to have the RNS510 installed in Golfs? Is he going to fit me a new MFD as well to make sure I have 100% RNS510 functionality? install the sharkfin antenna? they must be doing something magical to justify charging me enough to buy 3 RNS510 units.

Have any recommendation as to which RNS510 revision/version to get? I'm looking at the D unit, because I really couldn't care less for voice control, but if you can inform me on what's different from the C to H revisions onward, I can make an informed decision as to what I want.

Thanks again for all your advice liquidforce. I will give Martin a call when I am ready to buy and trade information on how to pay and deliver, unless of course my dealer suddenly has a change of heart and wants to at least attempt to compete with the aftermarket (doubtful, but hey, stranger things could happen).

From today onwards all the units come with SPEED CAMERA warnings of all types and 40ooo odd POIs thanks to one of the boys.

Interested in the RNS510 and reverse camera for my Jetta.. Will the handle camera fit in a MY12 Jetta? Also, are the Melbourne installers able to fit the camera in?
    MY12 147TSI Jetta DSG | CW | Sports Pack | Sunroof | Driver Electric Seat | RCD510 | Formula 1 Tint | MFSW Paddle Shifters

Hi mate,
    c & D are for 2009-2011 Cars. F is a change over between 11/12 H is for 12.

They have minor HW differences and also minor SW differences but for 2012 CAr I would get H.
    You wont need a shark fin, as GPS antenna is invcluded and for Jetta its very hard to fit.
    You will need a handle Reverse Camera
    There is an installer in Balwyn who can fit it all for you for about 400
    Cost - 1250 - RNS 510 H, 450 for camera free shipping, we include speed cameras on the unit and new 5.0 maps

Users Country Flag
    You might as well be a guinea pig on this one mate, We have sold a few units for Polo users outside of the forum and have only had good reports but some people dont realise it can work with MFD to certain extent.
    Your car has the antenna fitted already and the shark fin aerial fitted to new VW is: bluetooth, GPS and Webasto (we have those in stock) and not radio antennas. The GPS antenna works well if placed next to your A-Pillar in between dash and windscreen. After a while you wont notice it.

RADIO CODE comes on VW SECURITY CARD as the radios are not stolen as some Chinese gear dealers suggest here. You will receive RADIO CODE on the purchase of the units as per photos on our website and here. All radios come with original foil on the screen and with the invoice. We buy them in bulk direct from factory hence the price is good.

Let me know if any help is needed mate as I am here to help!
    Hey liquidforce,

My new 77TSI Comfortline Polo finally arrived, and what got me really excited was that it actually came with the sharkfin antenna - though I am not sure what's in it - your post above mentioned that the sharkfin is for the GPS, so would it be safe for me to assume that I won't need to have the antenna placed between the dash and the windscreen anymore?

Give me a week or two, I'll sort out my budgeting and finally get around to ordering one of those RNS-510 H's from you guys

Hey mate,
    This is a good news as with the genuine Shark Fin you will get most reception if it support GPS, I cant imagine it does not but you never know. You would have to get it checked up or check yourself - easy access when you take the rear top plastic off - it just unclips. Even if it doesn't we can do you a deal on GPS Shark Fin which does
    The worst case scenario is when you dont have a hole in the roof and have to drill one out - everyone is quite scared about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martytronic View Post
    Hey liquidforce,

My new 77TSI Comfortline Polo finally arrived, and what got me really excited was that it actually came with the sharkfin antenna - though I am not sure what's in it - your post above mentioned that the sharkfin is for the GPS, so would it be safe for me to assume that I won't need to have the antenna placed between the dash and the windscreen anymore?

Give me a week or two, I'll sort out my budgeting and finally get around to ordering one of those RNS-510 H's from you guys

Users Country Flag
    Hey mate,
    This is a good news as with the genuine Shark Fin you will get most reception if it support GPS, I cant imagine it does not but you never know. You would have to get it checked up or check yourself - easy access when you take the rear top plastic off - it just unclips. Even if it doesn't we can do you a deal on GPS Shark Fin which does
    The worst case scenario is when you dont have a hole in the roof and have to drill one out - everyone is quite scared about it.
    Just while I'm at it - I may as well make sure - I'll put a picture up I took of my car; just so you can see if that's the right antenna or not, because I see in some other people's pictures that their sharkfin antennas are not as long as mine... so I'm kind of wondering what the difference is. I get this horrible feeling that I might be mistaken and my antenna is radio only

Where in another thread - I saw a Sharkfin antenna and the poster, readerr0r refers to it specifically in regards to GPS:

I am not sure I have the right one...

Hey mate, not sure where my reply went on this one. Give me a buzz - I will direct you to remove the rear panel and check it out. It will take you 10 minutes and its really easy.
    I have a good feeling about this Shark Fin anyway

Users Country Flag

Hey mate, not sure where my reply went on this one. Give me a buzz - I will direct you to remove the rear panel and check it out. It will take you 10 minutes and its really easy.
    I have a good feeling about this Shark Fin anyway
    Well, I had confirmation from readerr0r that my sharkfin is the right one, just my one has the FM antenna screwed in. He says I may need an extra GPS cable though...

You wouldn't happen to supply that along with the RNS-510 would you?

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast