Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNS-510 make nosie

Users Country Flag

any CDs in the unit? Might be self checking and the CD changer stuck...
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoeha View Post
    I don't turn heater or aircon as winter season, as you ask I fully turn hand knob left and turn radio off. However when door open or start engine it start make noise.
    So.. it occurs when you open the door, but no key in the ignition? That's the fuel pump priming itself (runs for about 3 - 4 seconds).

Given your parking arrangements (under cover etc etc), then it's a high chance the cd changer is caught up somehow. When was the last time you played, or loaded a cd into the RCD510
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    any CDs in the unit? Might be self checking and the CD changer stuck...
    I never use CD player, from when I purchased cause I always use bluetooth to play music. Does it may related?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ Steve View Post
    So.. it occurs when you open the door, but no key in the ignition? That's the fuel pump priming itself (runs for about 3 - 4 seconds).

Given your parking arrangements (under cover etc etc), then it's a high chance the cd changer is caught up somehow. When was the last time you played, or loaded a cd into the RCD510
    It happen with unlocked car, opened door, when igintion key, start engine, and locked door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sjoeha View Post
    It happen with unlocked car, opened door, when igintion key, start engine, and locked door as well.
    Take a video of the headunit making the noise, and post it up for us to see.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Take a video of the headunit making the noise, and post it up for us to see.
    he did...in his first post
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Quote Originally Posted by FJ Steve View Post
    he did...in his first post
    So he did - I completely missed it.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12