Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RNS510 help!

Users Country Flag

RNS510 help!

Hello everyone! I recently got rns510 hw04 and it came with firmware 1100, i tried to install fw 5238 and it failed on hdd part, now i am stuck on enter code screen with my touch not registering and i know it's not the screen that's the issue since ok and cancel buttons on fw upgrade screen register. Tried swl fix and other versions of firmware same thing.. Glad to hear your suggestions! Thanks

RNS510 help!-rns-2-jpgRNS510 help!-rns-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Try loading 2680 factory.
    Once that is working load 4120 factory.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hello, thanks for reply. I can not load load older firmware since the 5238 update failed.. I can only load newer fw because Install older fw option in settings is not enabled.. yikes.. what do i do now? it won't take older fw.. do i format hdd?? what are my options since there is no rns service in serbia :'(

Users Country Flag
    Ah I see.
    Sorry wasn't thinking about that. With Setconfig or similar tool you can enable this without having to go into the menu.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

is there any way to create setconfig or any other way.. i do not have setconfig noore is it available for purchase in serbia

Update:
    Managed to get it in somewhat working state with swl_fix.. Now i can type radio code and touch works but there is no boot logo and sw version is just - .. BUT only if i leave hdd unpluged will the touch work, if i plug hdd back in the dvd drive stops working and touch is not working anymore.. i need to do swl_fix once again with hdd unplugged for it to get back in touch working mode.. Tried enabling fw downgrade in setup and starting varius fw updates(1300, 2760...) and it does not start
    RNS510 help!-screenshot_20230630_200735_gallery-jpg
    Last edited by cveya; 01-07-2023 at 04:13 AM. Reason: added image

Users Country Flag
    Interesting that the unit is stamped with 2xxx firmware, and you said it came with 1100.

With the issues you are having loading the firmware, maybe the HDD in the unit is failing?
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    You need to burn discs really slowly and use good quality ones Not Princo crap or stuff like that , And not rewriteables
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

the unit actually shows ''-'' as firmware version now, and does not want to take any fw updates(1300, 2720, 2760, 3810..) only the 5238 update by josi then it bricks my unit- prevents from typing radio code
    Last edited by cveya; 06-07-2023 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Interesting that the unit is stamped with 2xxx firmware, and you said it came with 1100.

With the issues you are having loading the firmware, maybe the HDD in the unit is failing?
    hello, thanks for reply, how can i check the hdd, i can connect it to pc and check with hdd sentinel the overall health of hdd, if i buy replacement hdd how do i set it up for use in rns510?
    2.0TDI 172bhp DSG '08 Touran Highline; 18'' AMG alloys; RNS510; Xenon headlights...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast