Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 HDD replacement/SSD swap DIY

Firmware for SSD starts from 6xxx

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zeko1024 View Post
    Yes it reads Ok with the old HDD. But I will try another CD to be sure. I must start from the firmware 1100 ?
    No just load 5238

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by teymur88 View Post
    Firmware for SSD starts from 6xxx
    This is an aftermarket SSD.
    It's a pata device connected via the pata interface, not hard wired to the board like a factory ssd system.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    This is an aftermarket SSD.
    It's a pata device connected via the pata interface, not hard wired to the board like a factory ssd system.

Understood. Thanks for clarification

Users Country Flag
    Maybe I missed something but where is written in the originat post than the firmware for SSD is the 5238 ?

My RNS is in 1100 firmware, and i can't update the firmware to the 5238 version because of the broken HDD. So I suppose I can't swap the HDD for a SSD in my RNS 510 in its current version...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zeko1024 View Post
    Maybe I missed something but where is written in the originat post than the firmware for SSD is the 5238 ?

My RNS is in 1100 firmware, and i can't update the firmware to the 5238 version because of the broken HDD. So I suppose I can't swap the HDD for a SSD in my RNS 510 in its current version...
    It is not specific to SSD.
    It's just the latest available firmware for your unit.

Users Country Flag
    I gave up... There is nothing to do, I have always the same issue when I put the SSD.

I ordered an original Hitachi HDD and i'll try again with this new one. Thanks for your help.

Users Country Flag
    Followed all the great advice to upgrade SSD. I also added a new power board.

only problem is that the following two problems have arisen (they weren't there before the upgrade):

1. no sound from BT module (the parrot style one that sits on dash)
    2. unit switches off after 30 minutes

any advice would be extremely welcomed

thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bob76 View Post
    Followed all the great advice to upgrade SSD. I also added a new power board.

only problem is that the following two problems have arisen (they weren't there before the upgrade):

1. no sound from BT module (the parrot style one that sits on dash)
    2. unit switches off after 30 minutes

any advice would be extremely welcomed

thanks
    What firmware version did you install?
    What version was installed prior to the SSD install?
    Why was the power block replaced?
    When you say no sound from the Bluetooth module please be specific - caller's voice? Your voice? Streaming music?

Does the device ask for a code when reinserting it (into the same car)?

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast